What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mom activated Ipad on my computer/iTunes account, future problems??

elektrokuter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, in need of your vast amounts of knowledge..

My mom recently got an iPad2, her computer is currently broken so she needed to activate it and so she used my computer.

However when plugged in, iTunes was still logged into my account. Nothing was synced, she didnt register, all she did was "Set Up as New Device" and name her iPad.

Will this cause any problems in the future?
Does Apple think the iPad is mine?
When she gets her computer fixed will she have any problems syncing/backing up/restore on her own computer with her own iTunes account?

Thanks in advance!!

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
biobunny said:
I don't think there should be any problems.

If she didn't synch her in her PC/Mac iPad your in luck. Anyway, welcome to the iPad forums!!!

OP
E

elektrokuter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
biobunny said:
I don't think there should be any problems.

If she didn't synch her in her PC/Mac iPad your in luck. Anyway, welcome to the iPad forums!!!

Thanks, glad to be here!

Yeah she didn't sync her stuff at all in my computer, but I did noticed it created a backup file in my computer so I wasn't concerned.

Probably because she did the "Set up as new device" step?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When it comes time to connect to her computer use this link.

iTunes: How to move your music to a new computer

The method you want is the last one, Transferring Purchases. This should move all content that was purchased in iTunes, iBooks, and the App Store. But double check iTunes on the computer to make sure before you do any syncing.

Make sure you download the latest iTunes and authorize it with her account. Also make sure she is using her account to purchase any music or apps on the iPad. It shouldn't use yours, but make sure. Better safe than sorry.

Most reactions