What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem connecting to brookstone bluetooth keyboard

richardbagnall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I all,

I'd really appreciate any support you can give. I have a brand new iPad (3) - obviously awesome. However, I can't get it to connect with my brookstone Bluetooth keyboard. When trying to pair the device the iPad gives me a message asking me to input a 4 digit code and then press enter. When I do this I get an error message saying that pairing was unsuccessful. I have tried many times, including rebooting the iPad and the keyboard. The keyboard worked with my iPad 1 - which it has now been disconnected from and is switched off.

Is it something to do with a compatibility problem with the v 4.0 Bluetooth on the iPad 3 I wonder? However from what I can see Bluetooth 4 is meant to be backward compatible.

Help please!

Thanks

Richard

hclarue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem. Does anyone have an answer?

Homer

kitkat3709

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hclarue said:
I have the same problem. Does anyone have an answer?

Homer

I am going to return mine in a few days; however I had no problem entering the code and connecting successfully with my new IPad. I believe there is a sync key, above the charging light.

Sent from my IPad 3rd Generation 64 GB LTE Black :)

Most reactions