What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Chat room app through iMessage with iPad 2?

ewoodson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here so hope this is ok to ask.

We just rolled out 70 devices and wanted to create a group discussion thread with iPad 2. Is there a chat app that could be set as private for a small group? I've found a few different group messaging apps but need to let them create threads for different topics and not have them get 100's of texts a day. Any help is appreciated!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This may not be exactly what you are looking for and I hate to recommend this (IMO) dreadful app, but Facebook has a group function on it.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

OP
E

ewoodson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are trying to find something that wouldn't invade privacy as much as facebook. I started looking at collaboration apps. We basically need 1 place that 70 people can go to for sharing ideas, questions, comments, etc. Does that help? Any ideas?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just found this in the app store. Looks like it might fit your bill

Cisco Webex Meetings.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ewoodson said:
We are trying to find something that wouldn't invade privacy as much as facebook. I started looking at collaboration apps. We basically need 1 place that 70 people can go to for sharing ideas, questions, comments, etc. Does that help? Any ideas?

I've not used it but have you looked at socialcast?

The Archangel

ethansamuel17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.hbipadlabs.com
It seems that you just enter in the name of somebody and Apple automatically detects whether they can use iMessage. The user doesn't even notice the difference between iMessage and texting. If you try to iMessage multiple people, I don't think creating a chat room is possible. iMessage basically saves you money by not making you text when you can send your data through 2G/3G or Wifi.

Most reactions

Latest posts