What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private browsing /Safari

mini user

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been trying to read my email using Safari. Cannot do so as a message on the screen tells me to go to Safari settings and turn off private browsing. I've looked & looked and there is not such a setting.
Could someone please tell me where it is?

thank you!

Mini user

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hit the + button at the top right of the screen in Safari. Then select PRIVATE at the bottom left of the screen.

I'm pretty sure this has moved under iOS7, since I'm sure it used to be in Settings.

Thanks for the question. I had no idea of this change until I started hunting as a result of your question.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello & welcome to the forum! :) First, I'm assuming that you are on the upgraded iOS (i.e. 7.0.4)? Second, is there a reason you are not using the native Mail app on the iPad (vs. trying to use the Safari browser) for your email - the app is much easier?

Not sure why you cannot do your email on Safari - please let's us know which web-based email you are using (Gmail, Yahoo, and/or other)? Below is a screen capture from my iPad showing the Safari settings - check the arrow to see if your settings are similar - than might be the issue? Dave

SafariPriv2.png

OP
M

mini user

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, giradman ,

Thanks you for your inquiry. I am using 7.0.4...

I have elected to use email through Safari (Yahoo) as I have several email addresses....for business, different groups, family, etc. That way the emails are already categorized and I don't have them all jumbled up...also easier to find what I need.

I started using the iPad email app but found it just as easy to log in to each. I actually do read my primary email through the iPad app...but get tired of having to do the reset to remove all the 'ghost' emails.

Thank you for your help...the answer was in the email directly above yours.

Still lovin' my mini.

OP
M

mini user

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll check it out...may be the best of both worlds.....thanks for the tip.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
MailShot creates special entries in your Contacts app that will act (mostly) like email groups when used with the Mail app.

It can be done manually too (so I've been told) but it's a pain, and I don't remember exactly how.

I don't use MailShot myself, and it's been a while since it's been mentioned here. Hopefully the app is still available and works properly.

Most reactions

Latest posts