What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Printing from iPad

OP
E

EstherN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just learned that Lexmark went belly up in Aug 2012. Interesting that they never notified us. I was able to get ink cartridges, so didn't have a clue. Might not be able to get them now. When I tried to order, the message was they are updating their site, which could mean they're changing everything up to their business printers which are $500 - $1500. My All-in-one has been a great printer which I bought in Sep '11. Bummer. Now I need suggestions for a printer to use with my iPad. :)

Contra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadjunkies.net
true, but I cant speak for them as I don't have them, they may be better or worse, I can only say that the one I have is great, can you tell us about the one you have that is great, or if it merely works?

if it merely works then mine it a better choice, if it works awesome, then it may be a great choice as well
that is what I am testifying to, I can't give first hand knowledge of the Canon, HP or any other printer

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I use a Canon Airprint capable printer and the app that works with it. Both are great, and the app allows me to print on different paper sizes and types as well as scan documents.

I think that the apps created for the airprint capable printers have to be great, or no one would use them additionally.

OP
E

EstherN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking at an Epson 410 on Amazon that has one very extensive review, and mostly 5 star reviews. Even if I can find ink cartridges for my Lexmark, they're more expensive than a new printer! Thanks!

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm looking at an Epson 410 on Amazon that has one very extensive review, and mostly 5 star reviews. Even if I can find ink cartridges for my Lexmark, they're more expensive than a new printer! Thanks!
Running costs are my main consideration when buying a printer. Always check out the cost of replacement cartridges and how long they last. Good luck with the new printer.
Mike

OP
E

EstherN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, Mike...all I can find are 200 page cartridges for the Epson 410. Doesn't appear to be any for 600 like there are for the Lexmark. Will keep looking. Walmart has other cartridges that they claim will fit, and all we have where I live is - Walmart.

Most reactions

Latest posts