What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot Print From Camera Roll to Epson XP-800

don26812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 3 and an Epson XP-800 printer. Generally speaking, I can print documents from my iPad without any issues.
However, when I try to print from the Camera Roll, the wrong printer cassette (Cassette 2) is always chosen and it is always empty. My paper is loaded in Cassette 1. Changing options on the printer and within the iPad does not help. At least I have not found the right combination.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Don S.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPad 3 and an Epson XP-800 printer. Generally speaking, I can print documents from my iPad without any issues.
However, when I try to print from the Camera Roll, the wrong printer cassette (Cassette 2) is always chosen and it is always empty. My paper is loaded in Cassette 1. Changing options on the printer and within the iPad does not help. At least I have not found the right combination.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Don S.

Have you thought of loading cassette 2 with paper before trying to print from the camera roll? It would seem to be the simplistic solution.

OP
D

don26812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am still learning about the XP-800, but it appears that Cassette 2 is for smaller/special paper. Certainly that would solve the problem.

Thanks for the reply.

I take it you do not have a problem printing to this printer.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am still learning about the XP-800, but it appears that Cassette 2 is for smaller/special paper. Certainly that would solve the problem.

Thanks for the reply.

I take it you do not have a problem printing to this printer.

I don't have this printer, I just thought my suggestion seemed logical.

OP
D

don26812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was and I appreciate it. I've been known to miss the obvious, and may even revisit more details about the cassette. I belive the XP-800 is similar to other Epson all-in-one printers, which may work in a similar fashion. Hopefully someone here will have been there and done that. I suspect that I'm missing something, but I'm don't know what. :-(

Thanks again.

Don S

Most reactions