What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Print to Epson NX 430 via AirPrint

azonie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got the printer set up and able to print from both iPad and. iPhone but notice when printing email the printer always feeds one blank page before printing.

Anyone know how to stop it from feeding the blank page.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There aren't any settings you can change on the iPad or iPhone that would affect it. Try going through the printer's manual and looking through the options. That's all I can think of. Sorry.

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to hear I'm not the only one this happens to. I thought I had too much paper in the printer. I have my printer hidden in my tv counsel.

OP
A

azonie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Glad to hear I'm not the only one this happens to. I thought I had too much paper in the printer. I have my printer hidden in my tv counsel.
Does your also only do it when printing email?

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
azonie said:
Does your also only do it when printing email?

Mine does it whenever I print. Like I said I thought it was because I have my printer hidden inside a cabinet I keep a lot of paper in it, which makes it a pain to load paper, but that's not the case if your having the same problem. I guess that's what we get with a $50 printer.

OP
A

azonie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine does it whenever I print. Like I said I thought it was because I have my printer hidden inside a cabinet I keep a lot of paper in it, which makes it a pain to load paper, but that's not the case if your having the same problem. I guess that's what we get with a $50 printer.
Don't think it being in cabinet would have anything to do with it. Mine only does it when printing from email. I posted on Apple forum. If I find anything there I will let you know.

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I meant was since mine is in a cabinet, I keep a lot of paper which is pushed down by the shelf above the printer. Since the shelf sort of pushes down on the paper, I thought that's why mine does 2 sheets at a time.

coslc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any answers for this problem yet? I bought an NX430 a few days ago and it is doing exactly the same thing. At the print command it shoots out a blank page then starts the actual print job on the second sheet. I just put the blank sheet back in the feeder, but it is aggravating, to say the least. I have fluffed the paper in the feeder about 50 times, made sure there is not more than the printer is designed to hold, all to no avail. I refuse to call Epson tech support because I'll get someone in Manila who doesn't know or care about my problem. It would only cause me to have to get my blood pressure medication doubled, and I don't need that either. Any ideas would be appreciated.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This FAQ mentions blank page feeds with Microsoft Office. It might be related. At any rate I'd keep an eye out for firmware updates that may address the problem.

There is nothing you can do on the iPad itself.

coslc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Sounds like Epson at least might be aware of the problem. I'll keep a lookout for updates.

ogilley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine did this when I first set it up. After about a week, it suddenly stopped ejecting a blank page. I didn't do anything different. We did have a power outage and I had to turn the printer back on, but that was all I did. Try turning it off and then powering it back on. All I can suggest.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

davidinvirginia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have this printer. Glad to see it works. Mine printed slowly at first, but lately spits pages out promptly. I bought it for less than the ink costs for my old Epson CX6600. And the ink for this one is about 2/3 cost of the old ink.

Most reactions

Latest posts