What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Print from IPad without Airprint

stormcastle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wonderful app for printing

Thank you for posting about the save2pdf app. I bought it, installed, and was immediately able to print on my wireless printer. Then by adding the free app, WePrint, from the same developer, I was able to print from my Ipad to any of my usb printers (3). Awesome and so easy.:D

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Where do you find these apps? Are they available from the App Store or somewhere else? Is it possible to get apps elsewhere? How do you do that?

Try isle 2 next to get a brain 2for1 offers!
App store is where you buy apps, get it.

Not so fast, Bunky . . . I get apps from the App Store and about a dozen other places, using my iPad. BUT . . . my iPad is jailbroken. So before you simply tell people that "the app store is where you buy apps, get it" ask if the reader's iPad is stock or jailbroken.

Bob

Reaction score
iBean said:
I'm looking for PrintCentral as well, but don't find it in my iMac app store. Where did you find it?

The publisher Eurosmartz has pulled PrintCentral of the AppStore, they now only sell Print'n'Share, which has the same functionality as PrintCentral. So if you are looking for an app to AirPrint to any network printer, you could always get that app and if you are jailbroken, get an app to rename it to PrintCentral, then you won't even notice the difference.

Paulp1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't bother. Since the 4.3 update, networked printers wont work anymore. I found this out today and emailed printcentral support and received this reply:

This App has been modified due to compliance changes for Apple's guidelines and printing from other Apps via AirPrint had to be removed. We have no control over this decision as Apple reviews all Apps before they are allowed on the App Store and we have no influence in that process. If you wish to contact Apple about this matter then please use 1800 MY APPLE or the "Report a Problem" link in the account page on iTunes.

Thanks a bunch Apple...

anderdea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having issues with 'Weprint' server - Ipad 2 asking for a User Name and Password

I loaded WePrint server on my PC running Vista and my iPad 2 found my Epson printer OK. However when I go to print from the I pad, I get a pop up box that reads "Epson Printer series CX3800" on my HTPC-3 (it's my PC's computer name) requires a User Name and Password. I don't have any passwords set up on my PC and have the Epson printer fully shared across the wired/wireless network. Don't have a clue what to fiil in here and anthing I try doesn't take. I've looked all over the net but can't get an answer. Has anyone else run ito this issue? :(

anderdea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I realized that AirPrint was the culprit here. I added a password to my PC Administrative user name and now I can print wirelessly to my old Epson Stylus CX3800 printer. still some programs don't recognize the printer but can print PDF files and Internet pages. Grocery IQ and it's coupons don't find the printer.

yellowhorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quick question on Save2pdf, does it support export to dropbox?
Would be useful if it does.
it links to Dropbox. Haven't tried the safe yet. Also support says that it will print emails from the internal browser. You have to use it as a work around, it doesn't look like its an open in feature. But it will do in a pinch. I was shocked it printed my screenshot without turning on my PC to a non AirPrint printer. Yay.

Most reactions