What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price Drop

Teedus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really want an iPad. I'd own one if I could afford it. Does anyone know if Apple does price drops around Christmas time? Would I find a deal for an iPad that way?

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I heard reports of hell freezing over, false alarm though ;)

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I really want an iPad. I'd own one if I could afford it. Does anyone know if Apple does price drops around Christmas time? Would I find a deal for an iPad that way?

I think we will see some price drops from Target and Best Buy as the market saturates and they become harder to move.

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I think we will see some price drops from Target and Best Buy as the market saturates and they become harder to move.

It could be late NEXT year before that happens. As manufacturing capacity increases, new markets are launched. Don't expect market saturation until late 2011.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Won't happen. Apple controls supply too vigerously and doesn't tolerate discounting. Any retailer who tries to will quickly find their lucrative deal with apple vanishing.

Hell, they still won't offer EPP discounts (which is tiny - about 6%) on iPads and I even got a little off my new AppleTV.

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The margins on iPads and iPods are 5% to dealers may be another point or so when specials are on so don't expect much. I personally think prices will hold until next release from Apple

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would really love to have one of these --

1988_ferrari_testarossa-pic-36301.jpeg

Do you think the price will drop before Christmas???

The only time I have ever seen the price of an Apple product reduced as AFTER the next generation comes out and there is still excess inventory of the previous generation left over. I bought my last iPod Touch almost exactly 1 year ago from Radio Shack. And while they were selling them for the same price as Wal-Mart, they also offered a $20 gift card to sweeten the deal. And who can't use something from Radio Shack? "You've got questions? We've got cell phones!"

The downside was (and I did not know this at the time of purchase) that what I had bought was a 2nd generation iPod Touch even though the 3rd generation iPod Touch was already on the market. When iOS 4.0 came out, I installed it and most of the new features worked. The one major thing that did not work was multi-tasking! After poking away at the Apple website, I came to find out that multi-tasking required a 3rd generation iPod Touch!

So "Caveat Emptor!" If you see the prices of iPads drop or stores offering incentives, it is probably for the previous generation... and right now, there is no "previous generation"!

Last edited:

jkhonea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Don't think I recall ever see the prices on iPod's dropping when they went to Target and Best Buy. Maybe I need to check again.:D

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Definitely - those are dropping in price all the time, as Don Johnson and Tom Selleck's fans die off...

pine45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad price drop

Best buys for ipads are on ebay. Example: BARELY USED with extras of iPad dock, and leather case for $601 plus $20. for shipping. Should not be too old to still get Applecare. Store price about $700.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The only possible time for a price reduction would be when they announce the iPad 2G next year. There could be a price drop across all models or they could simply boost the RAM and storage for each one instead.

Only time will tell.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Would you really want this? Did you know that you have to let the car run around 15 minutes from a cold start to get up to operating temperature before you can actually drive it?

For low 100Ks you can get a Lamborghini Gallardo, much more reliable than the mid 80's designed Ferrari.

Most reactions

Latest posts