What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Presenting an iPad application across the web

SCline

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad application that I want to demonstrate across the web. Is there an application that I can load on the iPad that will broadcast my iPad screen to other PCs across the web? I have looked into WebEx and a couple other options, but they seem to be the reverse of what I want - I can only participate as a viewer and not a presenter. I want to be able to load the application I want to share and broadcast my screen to other PCs so they can see what I am demonstrating on my iPad.

1) Is there an app out there that will allow me to broadcast my screen over the internet?
2) If not, is there a way to cobble a couple different technologies together to get the same result? Such as Broadcast my iPad display to a local PC and then use something like WebEx to share the screen with other computers?

Thanks,

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
See my posting today: iPad Remote support. I believe we're essentially looking for a similar technology - although I want two-way sharing. Good luck to both of us. Meanwhile, if you are doing iPad app usability testing and wish to observe the user, I believe for the moment you are limited to being co-located with the user.

darrenjcampbell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A quick search in the app store for the term "screen sharing" found an app called 'mobile presenter'. I've not got the faintest idea whether it's any good or not.

Edited by Moderator - twitter address removed, please read the forum rules

Last edited by a moderator:

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
darrenjcampbell said:
A quick search in the app store for the term "screen sharing" found an app called 'mobile presenter'. I've not got the faintest idea whether it's any good or not.

Edited by Moderator - twitter address removed, please read the forum rules

Unfortunately, Mobile Presenter Pro shares screen of a device (e.g. iPad) only on a local wireless network. The remote sharing it touts involves faxing screenshots.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I can't think of anything that would work without a second computer and camera, or at least an iPhone.

If you've got those available, you'd need to set up a studio and use a service like UStream.com.

Here is a cool video on how Doodlecast did their demo. If you did something similar to this and used the Ustream Broadcast app on the iPhone, it 'might' turn out ok.

Best I can do for you. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions