What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prepared for shipment!

riverbud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thought for sure mine was going to Memphis once it left Anchorage, but I just got an update that it's in Indianapolis. I live in Nashville, so I assumed that it would go to Memphis, but Indy is only about an hour further than Memphis from here, so I'm hoping that there is some logic to this. My cover has been sitting in Memphis for 26 hours now, so maybe it's better that the iPad2 is in Indy.

Wow. Both the Smart Cover and the iPad2 are on the FedEx vehicle for delivery. Pretty impressive considering the cover was in Memphis at 4am this morning and the iPad2 was in Alaska at 3 pm yesterday and in Indianapolis at 1 am.

OP
Q

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
Mine is out for delivery also. I don't have anyone to sign for it so, I have to wait at home all day (luckily it's my day off). It would be nice if it came early in the day but, I'll be happy just to get it today.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow. Both the Smart Cover and the iPad2 are on the FedEx vehicle for delivery. Pretty impressive considering the cover was in Memphis at 4am this morning and the iPad2 was in Alaska at 3 pm yesterday and in Indianapolis at 1 am.

Yeah, Fed Ex is really moving these quickly once they ship.

Mine was in Memphis at 5am EST (had gotten there from alaska around 1:30am) yesterday, made it to the ATL air hub a little after 6am and onto a delivery truck at 8am and delivered to me around 12:20pm.

OP
Q

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website

Mine was in Memphis at 5am EST (had gotten there from alaska around 1:30am) yesterday, made it to the ATL air hub a little after 6am and onto a delivery truck at 8am and delivered to me around 12:20pm.

I just got mine, it's restoring & syncing as I type :). Mine followed almost the same path as yours. It's smaller than the original but, really not that much lighter to me.

riverbud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is out for delivery also. I don't have anyone to sign for it so, I have to wait at home all day (luckily it's my day off). It would be nice if it came early in the day but, I'll be happy just to get it today.

I had to pick up my wife at the airport this morning and was dreading that they'd show up while I was gone. Got home and didn't see the dreaded delivery attempt tag, so now it's just a waiting game. To make matters worse I just found out that the FedEx distribution center is only about 2 miles from my house, so I'm regretting not getting them to hold for pickup when it arrived there.

Last edited:

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I just got mine, it's restoring & syncing as I type :). Mine followed almost the same path as yours. It's smaller than the original but, really not that much lighter to me.

Yeah, it's only .3 pounds lighter, that's not a real noticeable difference. You could probably tell holding one in each hand, but it's not enough to make it easy to hold with one hand etc.

Rotorhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like they released the 3G units

Well, I've been watching this thread for a while. It seems that the 32/64 3G machines were absent from shipping.

Mine just showed up as "prepared for shipment". Was ordered 3:30AM PST Mar 11. 32GB AT&T Black.

Time marches on.

All you other early orderers probably will see "movement" soon. It was pushing those "3-5 days till shipping". Probably just got it built.

Regards
Steve

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 64gig Black AT&T model, ordered at 3:03 central time, Friday morning has finally been changed to prepared for shipment!

OP
Q

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
My 64gig Black AT&T model, ordered at 3:03 central time, Friday morning has finally been changed to prepared for shipment!

I was thinking because it's At & T but, this thread got so long I don't remember the trends. it seem like I heard a lot of different versions not shipping as fast. I ordered 14 minutes after you (4:17 EST) and I got mine today, a 64GB white Verizon model.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
qnet said:
I was thinking because it's At & T but, this thread got so long I don't remember the trends. it seem like I heard a lot of different versions not shipping as fast. I ordered 14 minutes after you (4:17 EST) and I got mine today, a 64GB white Verizon model.

I had not seen any of my model shipping as of yet, reading three different forums.

premo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried calling Apple today to see if I could have my ship date moved up from the current 4/1. I actually have a legitimate reason for that on one of the iPads I ordered, so thought I'd give it a try. The CS guy I spoke to this morning was very nice and understanding, and said he'd be happy to accommodate me by moving up the production date AND give expedited shipping. He did all this as if it was routine. I never received the confirmation e-mail on this, and when I called 6 hrs later, was told they do not do such things. I even took it to a management representative, whatever that is. She was very pleasant, but reiterated they can not move anyone's production date forward. She offered to refund the cover, but didn't budge on the shipping or ship date.

Oh well....

Gremlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My status for my iPad 2 finally changed to Prepared for Shipment. It's nice to see some movement though I doubt it will get here by friday. I got to keep myself busy and not look at my order status or I'll go MADDD! HAAA HAAAA HAAAAA!:D

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. Praise God. My iPad is now prepared for shipment. I ordered at 4:18am on Friday morning. I received my smart cover today. And after church tonight I checked my order status. Yes!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts