What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prepared for shipment!

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cadena96 said:
I bought mine at 5 44 am pst, I live on the east coast, but anyway, apple only drops orders 1 day before they ship to china, so all changes stay in cupertino for more accurate orders...

Mine'll ship first, first come first serve....5-7 days..and I'm trusting that time line b/c my ibeats headphones shipped on time, really everything did, now I'm waiting on delivery...I ordered the same 64 gig white att 3g...

Well, I couldn't stand it any more. Called the apple online store. I was told the demand was very high and the iPad is still being manufactured. It will be shipped hot off the presses within the delivery time indicated March 18-25.

Did the same thing today. Answer was the same it will be in my hands as scheduled 18th to 25th. Trouble is FedEx just moved my Smqrt Cover from the 17th to the 22nd. Not a good sign.

riverbud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Camera kit arrived today, Smart cover has been in Memphis since yesterday, iPad2 still in Anchorage since yesterday. All three left China at the same time. Can't blame Apple at this point, they've done their part. Just hope FedEx comes through with the estimated delivery on the 17th.

ladydi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a 32GB white 3G ATT ipad at 1:02 am PST on 3-11. My status has never moved off of "Not Yet Shipped" with a delivery date of 3-18 to 3-25.

I called Apple today to ask them if they could tell me anything more than "not yet shipped" and the rep gave me the usual song and dance of "they are really popular" and I "should have it between the 18th and the 25th" etc. etc. I pressed him harder and told him that all of the wifi only models are shipping but it seems as though the 3G's are not. He eventually told me, after a little more verbal back and forth, that all of the wifi only's are in the US and all of the 3G's are coming from China. When I told him that I should just cancel the order and head over to an Apple Store, he said I will probably have mine by Friday the 18th. I told him that my order status has not changed from "Not Yet Shipped" and he told me to keep checking but would not elaborate on why this might be a possibility.

The verbal exchange was not terribly helpful, as expected, but they ARE upgrading shipping to overnight when you call and fuss at them. When I check now my shipping says "Priority" when it said "Standard" before.

I am not loosing any sleep over any of this but it IS nice to know what is going on.

Dubebone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well this is interesting ... And highly unlikely. Why would all the wifi models be here in the US??

kschles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered a 32GB white 3G ATT ipad at 1:02 am PST on 3-11. My status has never moved off of "Not Yet Shipped" with a delivery date of 3-18 to 3-25.

I called Apple today to ask them if they could tell me anything more than "not yet shipped" and the rep gave me the usual song and dance of "they are really popular" and I "should have it between the 18th and the 25th" etc. etc. I pressed him harder and told him that all of the wifi only models are shipping but it seems as though the 3G's are not. He eventually told me, after a little more verbal back and forth, that all of the wifi only's are in the US and all of the 3G's are coming from China. When I told him that I should just cancel the order and head over to an Apple Store, he said I will probably have mine by Friday the 18th. I told him that my order status has not changed from "Not Yet Shipped" and he told me to keep checking but would not elaborate on why this might be a possibility.

The verbal exchange was not terribly helpful, as expected, but they ARE upgrading shipping to overnight when you call and fuss at them. When I check now my shipping says "Priority" when it said "Standard" before.

I am not loosing any sleep over any of this but it IS nice to know what is going on.

I ordered my 64 GB WiFi only on the 11th at 3:50 AM EST. The status is still listed as "Not Yet Shipped." While I'm not sure if this means it is (or is yet to be made) in China; I don't know why an item in the US would not have shipped yet.

smithvillemike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine 3:07 central time. Shipping from China, arrives on the 17th. I feel like it is Christmas. My first iPad, but I love my iPhone

32GB Black wifi only

Last edited:

apple168

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's lucky for you to get the upgraded shipping. I called apple also and the rep only gave me the same order status that I can get from the order status page myself. No additiional information and shipping upgrade were offered.

OP
Q

qnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.network-creations.net
Mine has departed Memphis. It would be nice to get it tomorrow but, I don't know for sure It will. I'm going to be looking out for it just in case. I ordered a 64GB white Verizon model.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
qnet said:
Mine has departed Memphis. It would be nice to get it tomorrow but, I don't know for sure It will. I'm going to be looking out for it just in case. I ordered a 64GB white Verizon model.

You should get it tomorrow. Mine left Memphis at 5 am Est or so this morning and made it to me in Atlanta around noon.

madcapjim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered white 64GB WiFi only model around 4:00am est Friday along with smart cover. The cover shipped out same day and received it today. The ipad said prepared for shipment from Sunday till tonight, got shipped notice about hour ago. Estimated delivery Tuesday the 22nd. Shipped from China.

riverbud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thought for sure mine was going to Memphis once it left Anchorage, but I just got an update that it's in Indianapolis. I live in Nashville, so I assumed that it would go to Memphis, but Indy is only about an hour further than Memphis from here, so I'm hoping that there is some logic to this. My cover has been sitting in Memphis for 26 hours now, so maybe it's better that the iPad2 is in Indy.

applemike68

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If ordering from the apple store, (online) when do they charge the credit card? When you place or when it ships?

Thanks,

netsecpro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If ordering from the apple store, (online) when do they charge the credit card? When you place or when it ships?

Thanks,

The place an authorization hold for the amount of the purchase. Once your device ships, that is when they charge the card.

Most reactions

Latest posts