What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre plan and save routes on Google Maps

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I’ve been pre planning my multi stop routes on Google maps for a while now , and thought I’d just share how I do it, as I find this method useful. It may look a little long winded, but it’s really simple.

First, I plan a route as normal using Google maps, using either my iPhone or iPad, including any waypoints. The reason I use Google maps is that it allows up to 10 waypoints, whereas Apple maps only allows 1.

Then at the top of the route directions you’ll find three dots which when selected will give lots of options, one of which is to ‘copy’ the route.

Having copied the route link, I then paste it into a new note in the ‘Notes’ app with a title, and as this shared on iCloud, it will be available in ‘Notes’ on any device using iCloud. I’ve created a separate folder in Notes purely for driving routes.

You can now simply open the link in ‘Notes’ at any time from any device and the complete route will pop up on Google Maps.
This also works well if your phone is connected to Carplay, as the route opens in Carplay automatically saving time in the car.

One thing to note is that the route will always begin from the starting place you selected, for me that’s usually home.

Hope you find this useful!

Most reactions

Latest posts