What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power point

KevTN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, new to iOS. I am in the process of developing power point presentation I am giving in a couple of months. Is there an app available that will allow me to use and edit my work on both my win 7 and on my iPad 3? I will have to save in power point format.

Thanks

Texas Holders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keynote will open ppt files and save to that format as well.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

lasllcap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you value the formatting effort you put into the presentation, I would recommend QuickOffice HD; with the exception of interfacing, it runs MS office documents virtually natively. put your doucuments in Dropbox or other cloud server (probably not iCloud. apple being what it is) and have access to them anywhere you can connect to the internet. Any changes made are instantly reflected on all machines using those documents.

OP
K

KevTN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I will look into both. I have had keynote mentioned to me and I have used QuickOffice on my android tablet and it didn't work out too well, but maybe in the iOS it will? I do have dropbox.

I appreciate both of your answers and will look into both of these apps.

Have a good day.

lasllcap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although I can not comment on PP, I have been using QO on my iphone for quite a long time to keep business records (excell, word primarily) and it has been swell. Not as much time on the Pad though. Maybe it is Android?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why not pay $5/month for a few months and use Onlive Desktop Plus? You can put your powerpoint file on your dropbox folder and then use Powerpoint on your iPad to work on both platforms.

You will need a good connection (wifi is preferred since this is streaming a windows desktop and office apps to your iPad) and a blu-tooth keyboard. The $5/month gets you priority access to their servers. You can try it out for nothing.

IMG_0446.jpg

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
brunodjkj said:
Online desktop plus sounds very interesting

Onlive desktop. Don't ask me why they use that name. It works, though.

Wokiebear

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go look at a new app just out in iTunes called SlideShark -- is made to present PowerPoint presentations. I haven't done much with it to see if you can edit in it. Right now it's a free download.

Most reactions

Latest posts