What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Cord for iPad Charger?

jmkiska

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can order just the 6 foot power cord that comes with the iPad 10W USB Power Adapter accessory, but not with the power adapter included with the iPad itself? It would have been nice if Apple included it with the iPad. I would like to leave it plugged in behind my desk and then just pop the adapter on and off as needed.

Bluenik25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why don't you just get a 6ft extension cord? You could leave it plugged in behind your desk.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0033BU0F8/ref=oss_product"]Amazon.com: Extra Long 6 Foot (6ft) iPhone, iPad / iPod USB Charge and Sync Cable, Double the Length of the Standard Cord: Electronics[/ame]

I bought this with free 2 day shipping via Amazon Prime.

OP
J

jmkiska

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why don't you just get a 6ft extension cord? You could leave it plugged in behind your desk.

Dah! I honestly didn't think of just a plain old extension cord. I guess I was just caught up in the iPad accessory mania. Don't I feel stupid!

Thanks!

Pluribus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just use the power cord from my old PS2 and plug it into my power adapter. I'm not sure if it's quite six feet, but it works well.

bestpower

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you get the best answer ?

Have you get the best answer ?
Does anyone know if you can order just the 6 foot power cord that comes with the iPad 10W USB Power Adapter accessory, but not with the power adapter included with the iPad itself? It would have been nice if Apple included it with the iPad. I would like to leave it plugged in behind my desk and then just pop the adapter on and off as needed.

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score

As others have pointed out Amazon has a nice long iPad cord for less than $10. I plug the power cube in my APC and run this cord to the iPad which sits in a nice folding plate display rack on the desk.

Most reactions

Latest posts