What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your Pet

MrLuke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stranding said:
They are just gorgeous!

And here's my beautiful Puppy!
He doesn't get on too well with my other dog though, but then again a 5month pup and a 13yr old dog were never going to see eye to eye.
After reading the post above, I wish my dogs got on as well as yours!

Sent via iPF from my iPad2 iOS 5.1.

Attachments

• image-3604460870.jpg
    image-3604460870.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 117
  • image-1529751286.jpg
    image-1529751286.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 101

Hayz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MrLuke said:
He doesn't get on too well with my other dog though, but then again a 5month pup and a 13yr old dog were never going to see eye to eye.

Isnt that a Bassett Hound? If so, I love them, my dads cousin used to have one, and I loved playing with him, was devested to be told he'd died. His name was Tubbs (I still dunno why they named him that)

Hayz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MrLuke said:
It is indeed. This ones as naughty as anything! His name is Rolo :).

What a lovely name, he has, I bet her and your other dogs is spoilt rotten :). (my pets are ;))

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MrLuke said:

Hi Mr Luke, glad to see you here!

Love those guinea pigs of yours and your dogs are adorable!

iPad 2 3G 64gb

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MrLuke said:

(Edit: coming in a bit late here)

Agree, Bassets?
They look great fun. The pup is funny, cross-eyed with his rope!

If you give them a little time, they should improve. The pup will grow and learn the limits with the 13 year old. And the older dog may actually welcome a pup, as long as he doesn't get jealous. It's easy to give the pup all the attention, leaving the older one feeling out of it.

And the pup mustn't be allowed to drive him scatty--he will need time away from the pup for some R&R.
Enjoy them!

Last edited:

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When we went to choose a pup from a litter of 11, it wasn't very easy!
The first was butter wouldn't melt.
The second was chewing already while I was busy...
The third won the day :)

Edit: meant to say we call her "Toksvig" (after Sandy Toksvig the comedian who is half-Danish like me.) She usually gets called Toksy or Toks.

Attachments

• image-1409223523.jpg
    image-1409223523.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 99
  • image-3330205350.jpg
    image-3330205350.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 111
  • image-2888814506.jpg
    image-2888814506.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MrLuke said:

Rolo is a great name! Reminds me of those delicious choc. caramels in a tube.
What's the name of the older Basset? And the guineas pigs?

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What breed is the new pup, stranding? And how many dogs do you have? I would have a million if I could. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mollysmom said:
What breed is the new pup, stranding? And how many dogs do you have? I would have a million if I could. :)

She isn't a pup any longer! We took these when we went to choose her. The litter was Irish Wolfhounds, which we've stuck with now for some time. Think we've had 12 in all. As one goes, we get a new puppy, which works out that each dog has an older companion & mentor / teacher. Each older one teaches the puppy the ropes & codes of behaviour--the lazy way to bring up a dog!

Toksy also learnt from her "mother" Teazel how to jump for pears from the tree, and very clever she is at doing that. We never get any, they've all gone by the time they are ripe enough for us:) That's Toksy behind Teazel in the first pic. I have posted these before some time ago, so hope that's OK.

Sometimes it works out that we have three. Like in the second photo. We can never leave the house!

The third photo is also from when we had three, plus the two Border Terriers, the two penguins Wes & Birt, and Rusty top right at the back.

We also now have Toksy's brother Bracken, in the fourth photo.

That just leaves Squawky!!

Attachments

• image-2754988141.jpg
    image-2754988141.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 93
  • image-3550372570.jpg
    image-3550372570.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 100
  • image-2787429529.jpg
    image-2787429529.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 104
  • image-3627242951.jpg
    image-3627242951.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 106

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You have a wonderful pet family! I thought it was a wolfhound. They are wonderful dogs. I remember my friend was dog sitting. It was the first one I'd ever seen and it walked past me moving like a freight train. Friendly and sweet--What great dogs! My son wants one, but he lives in an apartment so we know that's not happening...lol

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mollysmom said:
You have a wonderful pet family! I thought it was a wolfhound. They are wonderful dogs. I remember my friend was dog sitting. It was the first one I'd ever seen and it walked past me moving like a freight train. Friendly and sweet--What great dogs! My son wants one, but he lives in an apartment so we know that's not happening...lol

The thing about having one I.W. is that you're spoilt ever after for any others...well, no not really :) but their temperament is so gentle & willing to please. My husband says he wanted a lion cub when he was small & this is the next best thing ....(?!) But then he tells others that having tall dogs saves him from having to bend down to cuddle them. Lazy or what? :)

We do have to be "aware". Like when they are playing in the garden, there is a circular route they chase each other round the house, very fast and yes, exactly like two express trains that wouldn't be able to stop in a hurry. If we, or one of the little Borders, happen to be in the way---beware! I usually hide behind my hubbie....wimp!

Bracken is the most gentle & unassuming one we've ever had. He's unbelievable. If we need to give him tablets, we wrap them in cheese and offer them to him. All other dogs in the whole world would grab it from you & it's gone, together with your hand or a finger or two on the way, right?? (depending on how they were dragged up by their mum).

But he will open his mouth and wait for you to put the whatever it is in...then he might drop it in case you didn't actually MEAN to give it to him...which might get dodgy because the other vultures know this might happen and could (and do, given the chance) grab it from the floor before you can pick it up...so we must "take measures"-- like remove the vultures in advance :)

He's the same with treats etc. And the same with baby birds or rabbits that he might pick up from curiosity. He will give them to you from his mouth without having harmed them in any way, & they can be set free. They might have been just washed a bit :):):)

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
stranding said:
The thing about having one I.W. is that you're spoilt ever after for any others...well, no not really :) but their temperament is so gentle & willing to please. My husband says he wanted a lion cub when he was small & this is the next best thing ....(?!) But then he tells others that having tall dogs saves him from having to bend down to cuddle them. Lazy or what? :)

We do have to be "aware". Like when they are playing in the garden, there is a circular route they chase each other round the house, very fast and yes, exactly like two express trains that wouldn't be able to stop in a hurry. If we, or one of the little Borders, happen to be in the way---beware! I usually hide behind my hubbie....wimp!

Bracken is the most gentle & unassuming one we've ever had. He's unbelievable. If we need to give him tablets, we wrap them in cheese and offer them to him. All other dogs in the whole world would grab it from you & it's gone, together with your hand or a finger or two on the way, right?? (depending on how they were dragged up by their mum).

But he will open his mouth and wait for you to put the whatever it is in...then he might drop it in case you didn't actually MEAN to give it to him...which might get dodgy because the other vultures know this might happen and could (and do, given the chance) grab it from the floor before you can pick it up...so we must "take measures"-- like remove the vultures in advance :)

He's the same with treats etc. And the same with baby birds or rabbits that he might pick up from curiosity. He will give them to you from his mouth without having harmed them in any way, & they can be set free. They might have been just washed a bit :):):)

They look gentle and kind. I am always amazed that our dogs who were bred to kill, take food so gently. I almost lost a finger once offering a treat to a chihuahua. Lol
You are so lucky tohave them and they're lucky to have you and your husband :)

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mollysmom said:
They look gentle and kind. I am always amazed that our dogs who were bred to kill, take food so gently. I almost lost a finger once offering a treat to a chihuahua. Lol
You are so lucky tohave them and they're lucky to have you and your husband :)

Ha! That's always the same--it's the little tykes that have the sharpest teeth, isn't it?
But I think that it would be impossible to have I.W.s around in domestic surroundings if they weren't the way they are. They are big, and could potentially do a lot of damage if they were that way inclined.

It makes us laugh that whenever there is a need for a big, fierce dog to play a part, say in a play or film, they always seem to choose I.W.s ..... They film them yawning or panting or something, (wishing they were lying under that shady tree over there, snoozing....!) add a sound of snarling and then expect people to think they are being really savage & want to bite your throat out. Ho ho ho! But it works for keeping the burglars away :)

Yes, we certainly know how lucky we are from the numbers of folks who stop and say how they have always wished they could have one.

Most reactions

Latest posts