What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your Pet

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayz said:
Well he is the best thing to happen to me, I love my other pets, but I have a more connection with Peaches, I think it's cause she came into my life when I was on a downer. Your "parrot" is cute ;). I thought it was real haha.... Might get one if I can for my Peaches :).

Yes, can understand that completely. Animals are always themselves, honest and uncomplicated, no hidden agendas, don't question, doubt or criticise, just accept, go on needing you and bring simple comfort. Which is just what you need when you're down.

And yeah :) Didn't want you to go on thinking Squawky is more than he is-- thought it would be much more obvious immediately from the photo!

But he's a very funny character anyway. When you stroke his head, he purrs, shuts his eyes. & swoons!. Cover his eyes and he will play "peekaboo". Stroke his beak and he says "I'm hungry...". Give him his cake & he will eat it!

I have taught him to say some gems. He can learn to answer questions, so you can have fun. Like teach him to answer "What would you rather do, visit the dentist or die? His answer can be an agonized "die" or "uurrgghh" or something else, which you can teach him in advance.

"Dentist" is just a polite example...substitute whatever or whoever it will be funny or rude to whoever's listening! We use a family member's name, which must stay a dead secret.

Last edited:

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
axis said:
Half the time she won't even lie down on it, much prefers to sleep at my feet.

They always do that too, don't they?
Ours spend 10 mins scrabbling their newly neat & tidy mats into a real mess, all over the place, then come and lie heavily on your feet, or go and lie on bare floorboards or the stoney patio.

Apropos of nothing, Is that cushion actually bone-shaped???

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stranding said:
Apropos of nothing, Is that cushion actually bone-shaped???

Yeah, it's a big purple velvet bone :) I got it on sale at Pets at Home.
Its Lexi's 'day bed' or rather it's supposed to be.
She has a more basic mattress in her crate in the kitchen where she sleeps over night.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
axis said:
Yeah, it's a big purple velvet bone :) I got it on sale at Pets at Home.
Its Lexi's 'day bed' or rather it's supposed to be.
She has a more basic mattress in her crate in the kitchen where she sleeps over night.

A purple boney bed. How posh! Our lot are dead jealous :)

But they say: "Bet she hasn't got a bonio-shaped bonio tin?"
A fun present from a K9 friend...

Attachments

• image-3003338985.jpg
    image-3003338985.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 130

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stranding said:

Very nice.
Lexi loves a Bonio (but I guess all dogs do right?)

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
axis said:
Very nice.
Lexi loves a Bonio (but I guess all dogs do right?)

Yes, every one! It's a daily treat, except for Toksy who is on gluten-free & has special Arden Grange ones. A big one each for the Wolfies & a half for the Borders.

They've had a meeting & agreed to send Lexi one bonio first thing tomorrow. Or possibly two if there are enough to get them through to the end of the week. As you can see, not many left. They will need to do some maths to work it out, so hope they can cope :)

Last edited:

Hayz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stranding said:

I love that box, where did you get it from, would love to have one to store my dogs treats in.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayz said:
I love that box, where did you get it from, would love to have one to store my dogs treats in.

It was a very welcome present from a friend who wanted to treat the dogs, for some reason that I can't remember. Think it might have been a special that they produced for an anniversary or similar. Haven't seen them since-- lots of people who have seen ours would buy one too if they could. I will do some delving & see what can come up with.

mollysmom said:
What is Bonio?

Sorry if bonios aren't familiar to some folk. They are the bone shaped dog biscuits shown in the photo- give a good chew for medium sized dogs but too big really for a lot, and too hard for some elderly little teeth to cope with We have to break them for our Border Terriers, and they aren't easy to break.

But if you are a dog, they are to die for! I get knocked over in the rush if they hear the tin lid coming off...

Last edited:

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stranding said:
...Sorry if bonios aren't familiar to some folk. They are the bone shaped dog biscuits shown in the photo- give a good chew for medium sized dogs but too big really for a lot, and too hard for some elderly little teeth to cope with We have to break them for our Border Terriers, and they aren't easy to break....

Lexi has the puppy ones, the are about half the size and a bit softer as they have added milk.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
axis said:
Lexi has the puppy ones, the are about half the size and a bit softer as they have added milk.

They sound good. Better for our oldest little dog whose teeth are not up to much.
Only one problem, stuff like treats have to be "fair" and seen to be fair .

New things, meant for only some, sort of skews the fairness "rule".
(Give to just one = strife.
Give one to all = harmony!)

So it would mean both bonios and new puppy biccies to all...
Result = harmony + obesity.
:)

Hayz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All the dogs rush to me for Bonios, and when there's only one left, it's awkward..... So I had to split it into four, which is hard sometimes. They eat one a day or one every other day, depends if they have been good or not :).

Most reactions

Latest posts