What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post your Pet

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Took my collie/springer to the vet due to weight loss, extreme drinking and constant wetting. To be told she has diabetes. Sigh! £200 bill for blood tests, urine tests etc... Another visit Thursday to see how much it's going to cost me. I'm not insured so this will be interesting. We don't have a lot of spare cash especially after Xmas but we adore our animals so it's going to be a long and expensive haul.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Took my collie/springer to the vet due to weight loss, extreme drinking and constant wetting. To be told she has diabetes. Sigh! £200 bill for blood tests, urine tests etc... Another visit Thursday to see how much it's going to cost me. I'm not insured so this will be interesting. We don't have a lot of spare cash especially after Xmas but we adore our animals so it's going to be a long and expensive haul.

Sorry to hear that about your faithful ol' pooch Hayley. It's difficult isn't it? You look at the bills and then look at that beautiful dog that has shared so much with you and you just have to say "but she's a member of the family". You have obviously said it, so hoping there will be improvement for your pet.
Andrew

From Oz using Tapatalk Pro

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

So sorry to hear this Hayley, I know just how much you love all your animals and hope she responds well to whatever they need to do for her.

Hope those bills don't mount up too high either!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks you guys! It's such a hard decision to make but we do love her very much so no real argument there.

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I understand completely. My Molly dog has seizures. She's my baby so we do blood levels, meds, and always hope that her seizures improve. Your pets are so lucky to have such a loving "mom". :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I understand completely. My Molly dog has seizures. She's my baby so we do blood levels, meds, and always hope that her seizures improve. Your pets are so lucky to have such a loving "mom". :)

And clearly yours are too mom of Molly:) Hoping yours also will go through an easier time. I'm seeing you are all about to get more horrible icy weather around Chicago and the Eastern Seaboard. Keep warm!
Andrew

From Oz using Tapatalk Pro

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you! :). AND It is freezing! And snowy....and it's only January. Lol

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, we are up to £582 with our vet bill for Bonnie. Diabetes is an expensive business. She has to have two injections, 12 hours apart, special diabetes(sugar free) biscuits and canned food. Oh and lots of cuddles and kisses too! Apparently when we left her for a glucose checkup for the day, she had the best results the vet had ever seen. So I suppose that was the first good news of the last ten days. She doesn't have to see the vet for another two weeks. At least her body isn't eating itself anymore.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dedicated Mummies on this site!!

Sent from my Black 32GB Verizon iPhone 4 in NYC using Tap

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, we are up to £582 with our vet bill for Bonnie. Diabetes is an expensive business. She has to have two injections, 12 hours apart, special diabetes(sugar free) biscuits and canned food. Oh and lots of cuddles and kisses too! Apparently when we left her for a glucose checkup for the day, she had the best results the vet had ever seen. So I suppose that was the first good news of the last ten days. She doesn't have to see the vet for another two weeks. At least her body isn't eating itself anymore.

I'm so glad she's responding to everything the vet is doing Hayley!

And maybe all those cuddles and kisses are making a difference too! ;)

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Haylees--that doggie certainly ended up with a great mom. :)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, she is certainly the most pampered pet at the moment. Not sure whether putting her on a weight limiting diet is a good idea as she is still skinny. I thought maybe she needs to put on the weight then keep her on a fat free diet but vets know best I suppose. It's certainly costing us a fortune. It's certainly worth the smile she has on her face though. No more excessive drinking and going to the toilet. She is one happy dog.

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
a3a7e8u4.jpg

Attachments

• Max and Lexie.jpg
    Max and Lexie.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 118
  • real dogs Ally and Max.jpg
    real dogs Ally and Max.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited: