What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post a pic of your Lock Screen and Home Screen!

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like that. Makes me think of all the comic books and candy I could afford, if only prices where the same as when I was a kid. ;)

Did you take it yourself?

These were all favorite things of mine when I was growing up, also! :) I couldn't get enough of Archie Comic Books and the Smarties...never saw big rolls like these!

I did take this picture. The candy and the comic books were stocking stuffers for my nieces and nephews just this last Christmas. The year before that, we gave them Duncan Yo-yos! They loved those also! :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's my lock screen.

image-1188269585.jpg

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what Skitch is for. ;)

Skitch didn't exist when I made my lock screen (I've been using mobile gadgets for ages now, oy), but you could definitely use Skitch to add text to an image and use it as a lock screen. It probably would take only a minute or two now.

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our house is filled with Archie comics. Large format and digests. Hundreds. They're all dog eared and crinkled but hold a lot of sentimental value.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Skimonkey, love your iPhone lock screen!

Thanks, guys! We grew up with these comics. My aunt gave me several from when my cousins were growing up, I wish I knew where they were all at. My mom decided to clean my room right after I moved out and out went a lot of those comics, stuffed bears, etc! :(

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I change my screens often. This is the home screen I used the other week (put back for this):

Attachments

• image-2755485708.jpg
    image-2755485708.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 406

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Skitch didn't exist when I made my lock screen (I've been using mobile gadgets for ages now, oy), but you could definitely use Skitch to add text to an image and use it as a lock screen. It probably would take only a minute or two now.

Not what I meant. I meant you could share your lock screen if you want, but obscure the private stuff with Skitch. :)

I've considered adding contact info to my lock screen, but I would not use Skitch. It's fonts are meant to stand out. I'd prefer something a little less loud. I've got several tools I could use. I just haven't made up my mind whether I want to go to the trouble.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not what I meant. I meant you could share your lock screen if you want, but obscure the private stuff with Skitch. :)

I've considered adding contact info to my lock screen, but I would not use Skitch. It's fonts are meant to stand out. I'd prefer something a little less loud. I've got several tools I could use. I just haven't made up my mind whether I want to go to the trouble.

I have family photo as my lock screen. Not planning to share it, but thanks for asking.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have family photo as my lock screen. Not planning to share it, but thanks for asking.

, I thought it was just contact information. I wouldn't share family photos either. Family would be very irritated with me. It's hard enough to get most of them to let you to take a picture, let alone show it to anyone. :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's my iPhone lock screen. I took the photograph of hoar frost on twigs somewhere in southern Alberta a couple of years ago. The temp was about -30°C at the time.

image-1288444308.jpg

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's my iPhone lock screen. I took the photograph of hoar frost on twigs somewhere in southern Alberta a couple of years ago. The temp was about -30°C at the time.

View attachment 35923

That is a beautiful picture...chilly, but absolutely beautiful how you were able to capture the snow/frost on the trees. :)

Most reactions