What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Portrait or Landscape?

Portrait or Landscape?

• Total voters

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some apps just look better in portrait - MyPad, for example - and Words with Friends (HD Free) doesn't seem to work in landscape. But everything I can use in landscape, I do!

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Portrait for everything but movies or looking at pictures.

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Landscape for everything except reading books and some PDFs. Home button always on the left.

Jockscrap

iPF Novice
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Oh, I like it on the right. I am right-handed so it makes things easier. Why do you like it on the left?

I'm right handed too, so like the volume, on/off and screen lock switches on my right. The home button is a nice easy one that doesn't require any dexterity, so I can use my thumb to press it. The main reason though, is that the case I bought is designed for the home button to go to the left. You can hold the case the other way if you have the flap that covers the screen folded right back behind the iPad, but if you want to make use of the case with this flap folded up to prop the iPad up a bit ( for typing for example), you need to have the home button to the left.

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Oh, I like it on the right. I am right-handed so it makes things easier. Why do you like it on the left?

I'm right handed too, so like the volume, on/off and screen lock switches on my right. The home button is a nice easy one that doesn't require any dexterity, so I can use my thumb to press it. The main reason though, is that the case I bought is designed for the home button to go to the left. You can hold the case the other way if you have the flap that covers the screen folded right back behind the iPad, but if you want to make use of the case with this flap folded up to prop the iPad up a bit ( for typing for example), you need to have the home button to the left.

My case is the same way. I have the incase convertible magazine jacket.

Maverickguo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Landscape and not because of the case but due to the more user friendly and large text I get to see. Also the keyboard in landscape is bigger and easier to type with 2 hands. This enable me to type as fast as when i am using the desktop computer. However, I will go for portrait in my iPhone.

Most reactions

Latest posts