What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Portrait or Landscape?

Portrait or Landscape?

• Total voters

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Depends on what I am doing...If I'm surfing the internet or checking my email I use it in landscape. If I'm reading something like a magazine then I use it in portrait. Most games are in landscape but I have a few that look better in portrait.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Always landscape unless it's a phone app or game like the chess one I have that only plays in portrait.

Reaction score
I use landscape always because it fits me whereas my wife uses portrait always because she prefers it.
To each their own.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It looks to me that it's landscape for web browsing and portrait for books and documents as well as iPhone Apps (in which case you have no choice).

All pretty obvious really. I spend most of my iPad time on the web, hence in landscape.

I think that it's a little odd that for most images you see of the iPad it is in portrait mode.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh, Tim!!!! You are a one aren't you! Good comeback!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The poll says that 60% use landscape and 30% use portrait so why is it normally depicted in portrait? My theory is that an original target was eBooks so the original marketing material showed portrait and that this has stuck.

Reaction score
graywolf said:

So why does your link take us back to this one????

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Because Superman merged the two threads!! :D

and didn't tell anyone....:)

Tim

Where's the Like button?
Best post of the week

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

OP
graywolf

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RAC said:
The poll says that 60% use landscape and 30% use portrait so why is it normally depicted in portrait? My theory is that an original target was eBooks so the original marketing material showed portrait and that this has stuck.

I guess because the home button is at the bottom in portrait and not landscape so I assume apple thought it looked better that way. And because the iPhone and iPod touch aren't very landscape friendly.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
graywolf said:
I guess because the home button is at the bottom in portrait and not landscape so I assume apple thought it looked better that way. And because the iPhone and iPod touch aren't very landscape friendly.

I agree with this line of thought. I use mine in landscape most of the time with the home button on my right. I find it just feels right like this, but how many times do I hit the home button by accident!!

Most reactions

Latest posts