What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Podcasts Wont Sync or Show With iOS 5.0

Sass17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I've downloaded iOS 5.0 but now cannot find the Podcast icon on my iPad. Whilst it shows all my Podcasts on "Devices" and "Library", try as I may to Sync they do not come up on my IPad.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Sass17

OP
S

Sass17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim,

Found it thanks.

How do we download further podcasts on the iPad. When you open there used to be the facility to check for any new podcasts and download without going through the desktop. This quick and easy facility seems to be lost now.

Sass17

Lisa95626

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sass17 said:
Tim,

Found it thanks.

How do we download further podcasts on the iPad. When you open there used to be the facility to check for any new podcasts and download without going through the desktop. This quick and easy facility seems to be lost now.

Sass17

My podcasts are gone since updating my iPad. I tried downloading them again, but they don't show up in any of the "Music" library. Where are the podcasts stored to access them? Other things were upgraded in the last move, but this is definitely a glitch I hope they fix! It used to work so well!

Lisa95626

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lisa95626 said:
My podcasts are gone since updating my iPad. I tried downloading them again, but they don't show up in any of the "Music" library. Where are the podcasts stored to access them? Other things were upgraded in the last move, but this is definitely a glitch I hope they fix! It used to work so well!

In fact, nothing shows in any of the library lists. It keeps bringing me back to the store, but all my music and podcasts are gone. I must be doing something wrong, but I can usually figure this stuff out. Anyone have a suggestion?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

At the extreme risk of telling you what you know, have you tried selecting the More tab at the bottom of the Music app and choosing podcasts?

Lisa95626

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
At the extreme risk of telling you what you know, have you tried selecting the More tab at the bottom of the Music app and choosing podcasts?

No offense taken. My "more" tab only has composers and genre, so something apparently went wrong during the upgrade process. Looks like I will have to resync it to my computer and see if things come back, as now none of my music or anything else is showing up in the library. If all else fails, should I delete iTunes from the iPad and start from scratch? I don't mind suggestions, as I am out of ideas at this point. Thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm afraid I don't have any other ideas as to what is going on. It would be interesting to see if syncing with the computer makes a difference, especially if you have podcasts on the computer that you can try and sync with. If you have content on the iPad that is not on the computer, be sure to right click on the iPad in the Devices list first and choose Transfer Purchases; just as a precaution.

You can't actually delete iTunes (or the Music app) from the iPad, only empty the library. The only way to fix it is a restore.

Lisa95626

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I'm afraid I don't have any other ideas as to what is going on. It would be interesting to see if syncing with the computer makes a difference, especially if you have podcasts on the computer that you can try and sync with. If you have content on the iPad that is not on the computer, be sure to right click on the iPad in the Devices list first and choose Transfer Purchases; just as a precaution.

You can't actually delete iTunes (or the Music app) from the iPad, only empty the library. The only way to fix it is a restore.

I tried syncing again, and after I shut down and turned the iPad back on, the content was there! Oddly, not before I shut it down though, which may have been my problem last time. Thought I'd mention that in case you help others in the future. It's too bad it doesn't show which podcasts are partly listened to with the half circle anymore, which was helpful, but I'm thrilled to have the podcasts back nonetheless. I really appreciate your help!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Lisa95626 said:
I tried syncing again, and after I shut down and turned the iPad back on, the content was there! Oddly, not before I shut it down though, which may have been my problem last time. Thought I'd mention that in case you help others in the future. It's too bad it doesn't show which podcasts are partly listened to with the half circle anymore, which was helpful, but I'm thrilled to have the podcasts back nonetheless. I really appreciate your help!

No problem. I'm just glad something finally worked.

Most reactions