What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Podcast & IOS 8

coachgene

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have just discovered Podcast on my newly installed IOS 8 on an IPad mini. I see an item called "On-The-Go" with an option to install it on a downloaded podcast of my choice.

Am not sure what "On-The-Go" is. I "guess" it allows me to listen to a podcast when I am not in range of wi-fi. Is this the case ?

Coachgene

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I dont' use the Podcast app anymore, but if I remember right there are settings in each subscription that allow you to choose whether new podcasts download automatically, and how many to keep. Somewhere in the settings (in app or in the Settings app) there should also be the ability to turn on/off cellular downloads (if your iPad has cellular).

Put this all together and what you get is some fairly fine grained control over what podcasts you have when out and about.

The reason I don't use the Podcast app is two fold. One, I never use my iPad to listen to podcasts, or almost never. Two, I like the OvercastFM app better, but it's for the iPhone. I could be downloaded on the iPad, but it would not look very good; so I don't bother.

Most reactions

Latest posts