What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Podcast Download from iPad doesn't work?

ljholland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I usually download video podcasts in iTunes and sync them to my iPad. I noticed you can download to the iPad directly using iTunes on the iPad. The podcast downloads and I see the progress complete in the download section of iTunes but when I go back to the videos .... it's not there.

Am I doing something wrong?

Dlo123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you ever get an answer? Since I upgraded my iPad, when I try to get next episode, it never downloads.

OP
L

ljholland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope - no answer. And it's totally repeatable. I can't believe Apple let this bug through testing. What sucks is that this forces you to sync to a computer to add podcasts.

Dlo123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem with podcast downloads since latest upgrade. I found I can stream, not down.

After multiple times trying to download, I double tapped on the episode title and a box withe play arrow came up. At least we Re able to play the episode, but not save it. The next day it is gone as a selection ( different since the upgrade when I was able to download and the episode stayed until I deleted it). I guess it let's you stream, not download.

OP
L

ljholland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now I see that. It also initially plays in a tiny window...you need to stretch it to see full screen.

Holy crap - that's so unintuitive. So NON-Apple!! That's about as serious an interface flaw as I've ever seen in an apple product.

It's crazy that it just disappears from the download list. At a minimum, they should let it sit in the list so you can tap and play it.

Bad Apple Bad!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts