What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pocket tunes for Iphone Works full screen!

rhinohd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SO I moved pocket tunes for the iphone to my ipad. I updated it in itunes on the ipad and WOW I got the full ipad version (not sure if it was this way before the update I didn't try it 1st). No need to pay for it twice! This app works awesome and even SIRUS too...

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am one of Pocket Tunes biggest fans! All of the local stations I listen to, even some of the AM stations, are on Pocket Tunes. They include not only the "normal" analog stations, but also the HD ones as well.

And not that I needed a reason to love Pocket Tunes even more, but my local NPR station just added a third stream of all classical music (hey, I don't make fun of what you listen to!) and I sent a note to Pocket Tunes asking them about adding this station and within 24 hours, there it was! How cool is that!

Also, I no longer use tuner in my "home theatre system" (we used to call it a stereo system or if you are really old, the HiFi) because I have my iPod Touch hooked up so I can listen to the radio without having to buy a separate HD tuner or something along the lines of a SqueezeBox to play Internet streams.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a list of channels it has? I might use this to listen to Penguins games during the NHL season if it has Clear Channel radio stations...

I don't want to pay 7 bucks for the iPad app though just to find out it doesn't...

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I might use this to listen to Penguins games during the NHL season...
As far as I know, there is no list, but I looked up a list of radio stations that carry the Penguins and found several of them on Pocket Tunes.

They are: WXDX in Pittsburgh, WFRB in in Frostburg MD, WMBS in Uniontown PA, and WWGE in Loretto PA.

To be honest with you, with the exception of WWGE, these stations are also available via streaming audio from their own website, but I don't know if they will play on the iPad. There is a Sports version of Pocket Tunes for only $2.00 if you're too cheap to fork over a whopping $7 for the full version!

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I can't stream from the website because the media player is Flash. 105.9 WXDX is the home of the Penguins, so this might be worth it come hockey season...thank you for taking the time to look for me.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I can't stream from the website because the media player is Flash. 105.9 WXDX is the home of the Penguins, so this might be worth it come hockey season...thank you for taking the time to look for me.
No problem! Nice avatar, BTW!

Most reactions

Latest posts