What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Help!

Dutchess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed Long Slider from Cydia and it has frozen my ipad 2. I know I can simply restore it but I don't want to lose my jailbreak opertaing on 5.01. Is there anything I can do?!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I installed Long Slider from Cydia and it has frozen my ipad 2. I know I can simply restore it but I don't want to lose my jailbreak opertaing on 5.01. Is there anything I can do?!

Do you have SBSettings installed - or do you have an Activator setting so that you can get into Safe Mode? Or, if you installed Mobile Substrate, you should automatically have the option to go into Safe Mode from a reset (aka reboot).

The key part is that you want to get that iPad into Safe Mode so that you can get back to Cydia and uninstall that tweak that made your iPad go all "hinky.". Once you remove that tweak, your iPad should be as good as new.

In case you don't remember the new way that Mobile Substrate allows you to get into Safe Mode (assuming you HAVE Mobile Substrate): Press and hold both the sleep and Home buttons until you get the Apple logo. Once you get the logo, immediately press and hold the Volume up button until you see the springboard come back. You should be in Safe Mode at this point and you can go to Cydia and delete that tweak. Once you have deleted it, respring your device and it should be good to go.

Hope this helps. Good luck and Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
D

Dutchess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have Activator BUT I haven't set up any of its options! I'm screwed, aren't I?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, just try the reboot and hold the volume part I outlined. If you have Activator, then you have Mobile Substrate and so the odds are that you have the upgraded version that lets you get into Safe Mode.

Here, specifically, are the steps to activate Safe Mode (it's a picture directly from the developer, saurik):

ImageUploadedByTapatalkBeta05041337381484.577894.jpg

So, give it a try.

Marilyn

OP
D

Dutchess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YOU ARE AN ABSOLUTE GENIUS! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! Got back into my iPad after entering Safe Mode per your excellent instructions! Removed that app and all appears to be working fine! Can't thank you enough. So glad I didn't panic and restore it!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yay! Glad it worked out for you. And yes, I'm glad that you didn't lose your jail break.

But, the biggest thanks go to saurik (aka Jay Freeman) for updating Mobile Substrate so people have a way to get into Safe Mode. It definitely is a jail break saver as you have discovered. :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts