What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD frozen? Please help

robotacha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

My friends iPad has frozen? Im not sure if frozen is the correct word to use though.

It turns off, it turns on etc, but it just wont do anything. There is no apps displayed, no homescreen or dock....

It simply shows the status bar (with a moon crescent) and the homescreen wallpaper. (see image)

If I hold power button, it brings up the slider to turn it off.... thats is the only functionality I can use.

I have tried the hard reset, but it just turns off and on and goes back to this frozen screen.

Any Ideas??

TjyXMbX.jpg

Thanks

OP
R

robotacha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some reason it wont let me post images or links until ive made 3 posts :\

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The link restriction is to make it slightly harder on spammers, who sign up, post a bunch of adds (that need links) and then (quickly) get booted by the staff. :)

It looks to me as if the iPad is trying to initialize. It needs an internet connection to do so. I you have not been doing so, make sure there is a good (detectable) wi-fi network available when you try to restart the iPad. You should be prompted to choose and log in to that network.

If that is not the problem you will need to restore the iPad using a computer with iTunes installed, using the USB cable. The computer should also have an internet connection.

If that can't be done, you may have to try putting the iPad in DFU mode and restoring it that way.

And if that does not work, either make a Genius Bar appointment at a nearby Apple Store or contact Apple Support. If the iPad is less than a year old it's still under warranty, unless you friend purchased AppleCare or some other warrantee extension, in which case it's probably two years. In some countries it's two years even without the extension, so check your local laws.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts