What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please HELP! Need to restore iOS 5.0.1 ( 9A405 ) on my iPad 2.

g_patkar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am currently using a iPad 2 with iOS 5.0.1 ( 9A405 ) - which was updated from iOS 4.3.3 directly from iTunes about a month ago. I recently ran into some problems on my iPad 2, where all the native apps (Preinstalled) started crashing upon start!
This includes all the native apps that came with the iPad 2 - From Safari, to Mail, to Settings to Youtube etc. Oddly enough all my paid Apps are working fine and do not crash.

I am suspecting there may be some corrupt files on the iPad's systems folders, but either-ways, I would like to restore the iPad to the same version - iOS 5.0.1 ( 9A405 ). I had saved my SHSH blobs, but after multiple tries in many combinations to restore, I constantly keep getting the 1600 error in iTunes.

I am not looking to downgrade, but to maintain the same iOS version, and I have my blobs saved. Any help or advice in this matter would be much appreciated.

G...

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry but you can't restore to 5.01 since Apple has stopped signing that version. Your only choice is to restore to 5.1

Project37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
g_patkar said:
Hey everyone,

I am currently using a iPad 2 with iOS 5.0.1 ( 9A405 ) - which was updated from iOS 4.3.3 directly from iTunes about a month ago. I recently ran into some problems on my iPad 2, where all the native apps (Preinstalled) started crashing upon start!
This includes all the native apps that came with the iPad 2 - From Safari, to Mail, to Settings to Youtube etc. Oddly enough all my paid Apps are working fine and do not crash.

I am suspecting there may be some corrupt files on the iPad's systems folders, but either-ways, I would like to restore the iPad to the same version - iOS 5.0.1 ( 9A405 ). I had saved my SHSH blobs, but after multiple tries in many combinations to restore, I constantly keep getting the 1600 error in iTunes.

I am not looking to downgrade, but to maintain the same iOS version, and I have my blobs saved. Any help or advice in this matter would be much appreciated.

G...

You can't downgrade an iPad 2 from 5.1 to 5.0.1 even if you have a 5.0.1 SHSH right now. iH8sn0w has tweeted that he has found a loop hole in Apples system allowing him to restore his iPad2 from 5.1 to 5.0.1 but has not stated any release date. You will have to go with 5.1 until a new tool is released to allow the downgrade on iPads.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions