What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jailbroken ipad2 3G cannot be restore.. please help me!!

drhanz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi everyone..
recently, i had jailbreak my ipad2 3G.. n then i accidentally deleted some apps in cydia which lead to lost of cydia apps in my ipad.. so, now i want to restore it to original.. when i'm using itunes.. it said "the ipad update server cannot be contacted".. so, i already used the step in this

[h=1]How to Downgrade iPad 2 on iOS 5.1 / iOS 5.1.1 to iOS 5.0.1 Using Redsn0w[/h]
but.. for the last step.. i need to find my blob for 5.0.1 (9A405).. so, i used tiny umbrella to search for the blob (if i'm not mistaken the shsh file).. it said that cydia no longer have the blob and i'm too late.. so, can anyone help me about this problem????

p/s: i just wan the blob for 5.0.1.. or any method to restore my ipad..

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That guide (which I don't believe is one of ours on this forum) would not work any more. It was only viable until IOS6 was released.

At the current time, your only option is to restore to IOS 6.0 and lose your jailbreak. You can use this guide to get back to stock 6.0 - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

If you can wait, the next version of redsn0w which has been announced, but is not yet released, will allow you to use your saved 4.x and 5.x blobs to get back to a working 5.1.1 installation. You can find out which blobs you have by following this tutorial exactly. The complete list of saved blobs will be shown in TU - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...01-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html

We wil be posting news (and probably new tutorials) once the next version of redsn0w is released to allow iPad2 and iPad3 owners to restore 5.1.1.

Hope that helps.

OP
D

drhanz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i disable my antivirus and defence system.. disconnect all usb.. and it work!!!! thankz so much... :D:D:D:D:D:D

Most reactions

Latest posts