What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help! Ipad has no sound!

bstguitarplyr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will try to turn my volume up, and it turns the "headphones" up, even when there are no headphones in the jack. When I put headphones in, they will work at about halfway up, but even then, they are staticy. I have tried blow drying it for condensation, blowing in it for debris, and putting in and taking out headphones several times, and even shutting it down. Please help me!

Confucioux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check the jack. I had similar issue on my iPhone. Then I found lots of dusts inside the jack.

OP
B

bstguitarplyr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried q tipping it, and blowing it out...didn't work, still turns up headphones volume

MegiPad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check and go to Settings> General> Sounds and slide little thingy all the way to the right.

OP
B

bstguitarplyr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought it would be useless, but I tried it, low and behold sound came out of the speakers! But I tried listening to the music, and it didn't work yet AGAIN, It still turned up the "headphones" volume.. Any OTHER suggestions? At this point, I'm desperate!

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can a moderator please move this thread?

Sent from K48

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you try soft reset? which is holding home and sleep until the Apple logo appears.

Sent from K48

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
FYI - I've moved this thread to the Help section so hopefully, more people can see it.

From what I read of this, it sounds as if you may need to make a trip to the Apple Store and see the Geniuses. Maybe a physical look at what's happening will figure out what's going on...

Marilyn

OP
B

bstguitarplyr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't do that, unless I travel about 300 miles, any other suggestions?? I appreciate the answers I am getting, thanks for trying!

OP
B

bstguitarplyr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I go to Skype I can change it to the speaker, and hear sound only while I'm calling someone, any thoughts guys?

Confucioux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure whether it's a hardware or software problem, but try restoring your device. Hopefully that will help. If after the restore it still have issues then ur only option is to bring it to apple store.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF 

Most reactions

Latest posts