What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound issues

kaylynelle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad crashed last night so I needed to turn it off to fix the issue. When I turned it back on the headphones were plugged in. Now, the sound will only work with headphones. I have tried turning the iPad off and on again without the headphones plugged in but it hasn't helped.
Any ideas on how to fix this, please?

Thanks
Kay

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I read somewhere here on this forum that the iPad tries to "protect" you when using earphones. The sound levels/volumes are different for the iPad and the earphones and the iPad will adjust one or the other. Or, something like that...

The thing I remember is this attempt to fix sound issues: Disconnect the earphones and check to make sure the sound on the iPad is not turned all the way down? It might just have been muted (as a "safety" feature)...

If not, I don't know what it could be. Sorry.

Marilyn

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try a reset.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Most reactions