What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help! Error code 300-5

Lizzy and proud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I'm Lizzy I recently moved from tampa, FL to Ohio. The reason I joined is because my iPad :ipad-front: won't let me whatch abc player it is saying error code: 300-5 and I really want to watch my show whatnshouldmi do to fix it. My iPad a 32gb wifi first generation iPad I don't know that matters tho. If you could help me that would be great.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

The easiest first way to try to solve ‘unexplained’ or ‘unusual’ problems with the iPad are:-

Force the offending app to close. If you have iOS 4.2 or 4.3 double-press the ‘Home’ button to bring up the multi-task bar at the bottom of the screen. Press *and hold* any icon until they start to ‘jiggle’. Then tap the top left-hand corner of the app that you want to close. It will ‘disappear’ from the list. Don’t panic - you’ve not deleted it, just closed it. Now tap the Home screen and the multi-task bar will disappear. Re-open the iPad’s app and see if the problem has resolved itself. If not, it’s on to possible solution number two!!

Restart the iPad. Press *and hold* the Power button. After a couple of seconds a slider control will appear asking you to confirm that you really want to switch the iPad off (this is all you’ll be doing). Slide the control to accept. A rotating white ‘bezel’ will appear in the iPad screen as the iPad powers down (it takes a few seconds, just like it would if you were shutting down your PC). When the screen of the iPad has gone completely blank, press *and hold* the Power button for a couple of seconds until the white Apple logo appears and the iPad starts to power up. This takes several seconds, so be patient. During the power up the automatic screen orientation function is disabled, so don’t panic. A few seconds before the power up is complete, the iPad plays a little ‘jingle’ and then you’re back to the Home screen. Restart the iPad’s app and see if the problem persists. Apple (and Forum members) recommend that you power down your iPad at least once a week, just as you might regularly completely switch off your PC. The normal procedure of just briefly pressing the Power button of the iPad merely puts it to ‘sleep’. Most Forum members have found that one of the two methods I’ve mentioned here cure a whole bunch of unexplained problems and are an easy first step to resolving most anything that happens on the iPad.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Adevenberg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out how to fix the error? I am having the same problem. I reinstalled the abc app and turned my iPad on and off twice and I still get the error. I want to watch my shows!

Josh S

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem

I am having the same problem. Any fix yet?

maryc7383

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to the App Store and update the app. It worked for me, hope this helps!

JenCR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to the App Store and update the app. It worked for me, hope this helps!

I am having this issue too. I checked the App updates and there is not one for this app so that is not the answer for me. It's frustrating!

Sophary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem , I thought it was my internet connection, but it seems it's the app itself. I have tried deleting the app and it worked for awhile but then the code came up today . I am going to try an go to ABC.com and see if I can watch my show there. When I first got my IPad you had to use the app or I just did not know what I was doing . Let me know if anyone has found out any new solution , I will also respond if I can find anything.

Buffalobee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to change my restrictions under the settings to allow all shows and all movies. I had it restricted to PG. After I removed all restrictions on the iPad settings, it worked. Settings/general/restrictions. This may be totally random but it did the trick for me. FWIW, I find it odd, because the show that I was trying to watch had PG rating. But this helped me. Let me know if anyone else has luck with this fix and we can maybe confirm that it wasn't random.

maryc7383

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Compatibility shows the app requires iOS 5.0 or later. Check on that if you haven't done so already. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Most reactions