What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Play mp3 in IPOD App after transferring via Goodreader

nedk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I managed to transfer mp3 files to the ipad2 using goodreader however I want to play these mp3 in the native IPOD App. When I try the "open in" button in goodreader it says "Can't open in other apps. No app able to handle this file type was found". From searching on the forum it seems that the native IPOD app is able to play mp3 files so can someone please help and tell me what am i doing wrong or if there is something else that needs to be done. tx

mikeyotoole87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I know, and I may be wrong, the inbuilt Music or iPod apps are very particular about where they look for files and how they expect to see those files. They will not, again afaik, just accept a "raw" MP3 file. Though I would appreciate confirmation from someone perhaps a little more knowledgeable of the specifics.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I managed to transfer mp3 files to the ipad2 using goodreader however I want to play these mp3 in the native IPOD App. When I try the "open in" button in goodreader it says "Can't open in other apps. No app able to handle this file type was found". From searching on the forum it seems that the native IPOD app is able to play mp3 files so can someone please help and tell me what am i doing wrong or if there is something else that needs to be done. tx
Welcome to the forum!

You won't be able to play the file in the iPad's Music App. You will need to import it into iTunes on your computer and then sync it to your iPad. More here:

Adding music and other content to iTunes

iOS: Syncing with iTunes

There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

Welcome again and enjoy!

Most reactions