What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Access/move mp3/avi files from dropbox

Orangejuice43

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a dropbox on my PC at home and am abroad for a few months with only my iPad. But i forgot to transfer music before i left. I have managed to get my flatmate to put some mp3's into my dropbox but i cant work out how to get them transferred to the iPod app.

Also it would be useful to be able to transfer avi files to the VLC or DivX apps.

Many Thanks
Oli

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a dropbox on my PC at home and am abroad for a few months with only my iPad. But i forgot to transfer music before i left. I have managed to get my flatmate to put some mp3's into my dropbox but i cant work out how to get them transferred to the iPod app.

Also it would be useful to be able to transfer avi files to the VLC or DivX apps.

Many Thanks
Oli

I haven't tried mp3s but for other files you highlight the file and click on the curved arrow top right and it will have a dropdown menu that will show you the apps where that file could be opened. I would guess the Ipod app will be the one. i'll have to try this. I do it all the time to move jpgs from my fesktop afteer raw processing to the Photo app. My understanding is that you can't transfer files to apps that haven't already set up the ability to use Dropbox except for the default Apple apps. For instance, my Collections app for photos just added the ability to upload to Dropbox yesterday as pdf. I haven't tried an upload from the opposite direction. Check Goodreader to open the avi file. It may.

Diane

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
though you can be able to play the mp3 in your dropbox app in ipad. you cant transfer it to ipod app. you can click the star icon to add it to your favorite files. this way you can listen to your mp3 file even when you're offline.

Most reactions