What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plan on getting a Zagg Invisibleshield for your iPad?

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg is taking pre-orders for iPad Invisibleshields here:
ZAGG iPad invisibleSHIELD

They're charging $35 for full body coverage. That's not too bad considering the iPhone 3Gs full body version goes for $25.

I'm not sure if I am going to install the screen protector portion or not. My main concern is protecting the back. I have not owned an invisibleshield yet, but the reviews and vids on the site have convinced me to give it a try. Any one here own one?

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice, I have used their product on iPhones / iPod touch and have been very pleased with the results.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I remember when the iPhone first came out. CNET did a test on the screen and it was virtually scratch proof. I wonder if the iPad will be the same. Exactly how much multitouch do you lose with a screen protector?

tangoteamleader

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not a fan of those - my Invisibleshield didn't allow me finger to glide across the surface as some of the screen covers

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would use one on the screen before worrying about the back, being that it is aluminum and not plastic such as the iPhone 3G and 3GS's are.

Since the 3GS, I noticed how much smoother it was by touch than the previous coating on the 2G and 3G, so a screen protector for me is taking away from the native touch surface feel and with proper use it is practically scratch proof.

iamfudge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The 3G screen was a lot more scratch resistant than the 3GS, I am pretty sure the iPad will have the same oleophobic coating, which is a bit more prone to scratches than the original 3G. I am not sure about the Zagg, but I guess we'll see. Not bad for $35.

codyhinson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you guys need to try bodyguradz at bodygurardz.com they are cheaper and it doesnt affect the screen or touch abilities at all.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad screen protector

you guys need to try bodyguradz at bodygurardz.com they are cheaper and it doesnt affect the screen or touch abilities at all.

Far as i know, because we are already making a screen protector for Ipad & Iphone that's doesn't affect even with our touch pen, all just affect a little the brightness in low light condition but you need to have two in hand in same for see the small difference

my self i don't think i will need one even i am not so cautious with my device, but we believe lot of people prefer to have one

RockyMountainGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Absolutely get one. They have a life time guarantee, great support & work well. They will improve resale too. I have owned many & am not invested in the company!

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had Zagg protectors before - if memory serves me correctly they are a b*i*t*c*h to install - and if you make a mistake - you're out the $35.

I think I'll try some form fitting cases first.

cimousa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cimousa.com
I've had Zagg protectors before - if memory serves me correctly they are a b*i*t*c*h to install - and if you make a mistake - you're out the $35.

I think I'll try some form fitting cases first.

They have a lifetime warranty if anything happens but you will have to pay for shipping.

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had them on all of my iDevices and am really glad I did. I'm on the fence about getting one for the iPad though. I don't use them for scratch protection (even though they are great for that). I use them because without them my screen would get fingerprints and smudges all over it and I'd constantly be cleaning it. These protectors help lessen (not 100% but by a ton) the amount of babying and cleaning of smudges, smears and fingerprints you would normally have to do. Actually the way I clean my iPhone now is just run my finger over the screen(protector) and it gets all the smudges and fingerprints off... where if I were doing that just on the touchscreen surface itself without a screen protector... it would probably be adding more smudges to it.

For the iPad... it all comes down to if I'll still be able to use my stylus on it. When the stylus comes in I'll test it on my iPhone which has the protector and then on my iPad which won't have it and see if there is a noticeable difference in sensitivity. If so then I might forgo the protector and just deal with the fact that I'll have to clean it more.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont like Zagg due to the water issue. I prefer the dry screen protectors. Hopefully Boxwave will make one for the iPad. I have one for my pre and it is great.

Most reactions

Latest posts