What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plan on getting a Zagg Invisibleshield for your iPad?

Action

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RTFM error! Please read the instructions more carefully!

It clearly is written in the instructions, that even IF there is not enough fluid in the bottle, just fill it up with plain water. The chemical inside will be enough for applying the product.

No where in my instruction sheet said to fill up the bottle if it ran out. BTW my bottle was only 1/2" diameter so I must have gotten the wrong bottle in the package and perhaps instructions! Glad I'm exchanging the shield tomorrow at Best Buy and giving it another try! I'll look for the comment about filling up the bottle and see if the bottle is the 1.5" diameter version.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RTFM error! Please read the instructions more carefully!

It clearly is written in the instructions, that even IF there is not enough fluid in the bottle, just fill it up with plain water. The chemical inside will be enough for applying the product.

No where in my instruction sheet said to fill up the bottle if it ran out. BTW my bottle was only 1/2" diameter so I must have gotten the wrong bottle in the package and perhaps instructions! Glad I'm exchanging the shield tomorrow at Best Buy and giving it another try! I'll look for the comment about filling up the bottle and see if the bottle is the 1.5" diameter version.

Here are the instructions.

Read them carefully before you apply the skin.

Cathie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg worked for me

I have had my Zagg protector on my 64gb 3G wifi iPad since I received it on April 30th. When I opened the protector packing I found my bottle of liquid had mostly leaked out on the instructions and protector. I panicked. But when I read the directions to spray on front and back I felt a little better. I had enough spray left to do this so I did. I placed the protector on the iPad and tried as best I could to get it on perfectly. That didn't happen. I had a lot of horrible bubbles and when I used the tool to smooth them out I kinda stretched the protector. I was pretty disappointed. I still had some bubbles but the instructions said to wait a few days and they would go away. And they did. It took longer than the 3 or 4 days the instructions stated, but one day I noticed they were gone. I have small grandchildren that love to play with my iPad and this protector gives me a little piece of mind. The protector is a pain in the butt to get on but all in all it works. It has scratches on it now where little hands have done God knows what to it, but they're on the protector and not on the screen. And in that, the protector has served it's purpose.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My opinion, which is decried by nearly everyone who hears of it, states that iPad screen protectors are of dubious value.

I carried my ipad in a leather case with a soft liner for about a week before my Invisible Shield arrived and I have 1 small, very faint scratch near the edge of my screen. I'm guessing I got a piece of sand or such in the soft lining that rubbed against the screen. The iPad screen is very hard and durable, but not 100% unscratchable.

I found the key to installation is to really soak your hands well and keep them wet. I didnt have much trouble keeping the film wet, but my hands would dry out quickly and stick if I wasnt diligent about stopping and spraying them down again.

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
People say these screens are scratch proof, and I think they're quite scratch resistant. But I do have a few tiny micro swirl marks in my screen. I guess some people don't mind these since they don't show up with the screen lit, but I know it's there. I've been quite careful with my iPad.

As for the invisishield products, I really trust them. I've used them on several devices, even had them custom made for radio control transmitters and such. The customer service is the heist I've ever seen. If you have one on a device and warranty it, they'll replace it. I've had friends who screwed up the invisishield during installation, and Zagg shipped them new ones in the mail. One guy was having problems repeatedly, Zagg asked him to send them the device, and in a few days it returned with a perfect installation.

I haven't decided which protector I'll use for the iPad yet because of some other features besides just protection, may try something from a fellow member.

And all that crap about all film being the same is a huge crock. Anyone who's tinted automotive windows should know that all films are not the same, and this application is not the same as automotive windows.

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My opinion, which is decried by nearly everyone who hears of it, states that iPad screen protectors are of dubious value.

I live in an area of dust...volcanic (think glass) dust. Yesterday I noticed my iPad was covered with a thin layer of the stuff. No surprise...but now what to do? I took a wet kleenex and mopped it off the screen. And despite a lot of misgivings there was nary a scratch on the screen. I expected a bunch of small swirly marks.

I give full credit to the Zagg invisible screen protector. It is a pain to install (this would be greatly helped if their instructions weren't so minimal) but once down it is bomb proof. I initially had concerns because the water underneath left my screen all splotchy....but it has since dried up and I forget I have it on.

I live in the real world of dust and grim, sticky fingers, eager friends, and I want the screen protected.

Now if I can figure out if I can lift the screen protector in one place and ease out a small particle of dust. Once down can this be done?

hth
CM

trendystyle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have both, front and rear with a great Bears design, if you guys submit your email to the Ipad draw that is currently offered on the website, you receive a discount on everything you order, random, from 20% up to 50%!!
I bought front, rear and the Zagg extra battery with 40% discount!

mom2kkchen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Powersupport H0974LL/A iPad Crystal Film

after reading tons of reviews I went with this one

Powersupport H0974LL/A iPad Crystal Film

CMFox

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You must live & work in a very clean environment.:D And you are a conscientious hand washer.

I live in a place I call dust-is-us and friends in fancy cars hate driving here cuz their cars end up covered. My iPad gets dusty just sitting by itself. And I've been known to eat and tap. My iPad needs all the protection I can give it.
CM

bmceachen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After reading the complaints about installing the Invisible Shield... I decided to let the guys at Best Buy install it. They charged $15.98 but installed in 15 minutes and did a perfect job. I might try myself on my new iphone 4 but I was glad I outsourced the iPad project.

JeffC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine this weekend.

I have one on my iPod touch. It's a full body one that covers eveything except the plugs. After 3 years I had to replace the one covering the front screen. On Friday I received one for my new iPad. It took about 2 hours to apply both sides. I kept having it fold over and stick to itself. Once I did get everything on it did not cover the sides (maybe so it doesn't interfere with the 3G signal?.) Also even though I had alligned it up to the very edge on one side, it hung over by about 1/8 on the other side. I don't know if there was some stretching caused by my having to unpeel it for itself a couple of times or just a bad cut. Since I also use a body case I'm not to concerned on the overhang. The shield has cut down on a lot of glare. There seems to be no affect with the touch aspect of using the iPad. But your finger doesn't have a silky glide over the screen and I find that helps when typing and helps keep me from launching apps by mistake.

lrg32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if someone already touched on this as I didnt ready every page of the posting, but why not get a best skin ever skin as opposed to the Zagg? Its the exact same material and skin, minus the fancy boxing and stuff, and it cost 1/3rd the price of the Zagg shield. I manage a Apple accessory store so ive seen every thing for every ipod, ipad, and macbook, and on top of that im extremely OCD and meticulous about scratches and stuff. So my line of defense for my ipad is a Full body Best skins ever shield w/ a black silicone incase case. I also use a Incipio silicrylic case from time to time that I love since its both silicone and hard plastic. But everyone interested in the Zagg should check out BSE since its the same thing at 1/3 the price. And a word of advice on putting any of these skins on since ive done hundreds already, be generous w/ the liquid applicator as it wont harm the device. Spray it enough where its able to move on the surface of your ipad freely, and adjust it until its straight, then set it to dry. Also make sure youre in a clean environment and wash your hands prior to installing.

Apple4lif333

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hated zaggggg get this one.

I got one form Stealthguards and it is worth every penny. I didnt want to pay 40+ for th invisishield after reading some bad reviews. I got this one from there site and it cost like 20 dollars.

It is way better than the invivible shield and it was cheaper. I cant believe people would pay so much just for top names when there are so many others out there which can be better.

www.stealthguards.com

336X280_iPad.jpg

tripad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i am using a full body coverage (i got it when there was 50% off) and works great, it does protect it really well...it fits nicely, although the film wasn't long enough to wholly cover the corners, it hasn't peeled off as i would expect because of that little mistake..Overall,i can say i am happy with it

Most reactions