What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plan on getting a Zagg Invisibleshield for your iPad?

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just be aware that the Zagg doesn't do much with glare. I've got both my droid with Zagg and iPad with nothing on my lap and both reflect the lights above me. The Zagg diffuses it somewhat but it is still glarey.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just be aware that the Zagg doesn't do much with glare. I've got both my droid with Zagg and iPad with nothing on my lap and both reflect the lights above me. The Zagg diffuses it somewhat but it is still glarey.

Frankly speaking, even we have film in our catalog all film is nearly the same we order the best film exist in the market from a well know japanese company is the same result …

in fact i am not fan at all for the screen protector the more worst is the Mirror film he just totally destroy the brightness of the iPad screen, anti-glare for some people is necessary but have some disadvantage …

this my personal opinion … even we are manufacturer and exporter

Wongster360

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Installing the full body Zagg only takes about 10 minutes to get it properly aligned and maybe another 10 minutes working the bubbles around. The instructions say to let it cure for 24 hrs before using the unit but it shouldn't take that long. The longer you let it sit, the more the bubbles disappear and the better it looks. The screen is a little tacky because of the material but that doesn't interfere with the touchscreen at all.

I was a big fan of box wave prior to zagg, but the box wave protectors would start to peel at the corners after a few months which I'm pretty sure I wont have to worry about with the zagg. I highly recommend the zagg. You just need a little patience during the install is all.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Installing the full body Zagg only takes about 10 minutes to get it properly aligned and maybe another 10 minutes working the bubbles around. The instructions say to let it cure for 24 hrs before using the unit but it shouldn't take that long. The longer you let it sit, the more the bubbles disappear and the better it looks. The screen is a little tacky because of the material but that doesn't interfere with the touchscreen at all.

I was a big fan of box wave prior to zagg, but the box wave protectors would start to peel at the corners after a few months which I'm pretty sure I wont have to worry about with the zagg. I highly recommend the zagg. You just need a little patience during the install is all.

Dear i am sorry to told you but all the film use the same fixing process … Zagg od Zigg is the way to fix it only the film type change … so for all the products the problem will be the same … i have start to install window film from 1986 untill 1999 so believe my little experience in that field … just see the car window film how they become after some time under the sun Screen protector is exactly the same

OP
wot_fan

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received and installed the Zagg InvisibleShield on the back of my iPad yesterday. The installation was easy (except the part about not using my iPad of 12 hours). After it is installed, you can hardly tell anything is there.

The back of my iPad is now glossy with a slight orange peel. It isn't tacky, but it does seem less likely to slip in my hands. One nice side effect is the back is a lot less prone to pick up finger prints and dirt.

I was disappointed by one aspect of the shield. In the other invisiblehields I looked at on the zagg site, the full body shield covers the back and sides. The shield for the iPad only covers the back. It makes installation a lot easier, but I would really prefer it if my sides were protected.

I speak from experience when I say that all films and their adhesives are not created equal. This film is military grade and the adhesive is of better quality than other films I have used. I have little doubt that this film isn't coming off unless I want it to.

Wongster360

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Dear i am sorry to told you but all the film use the same fixing process … Zagg od Zigg is the way to fix it only the film type change … so for all the products the problem will be the same … i have start to install window film from 1986 untill 1999 so believe my little experience in that field … just see the car window film how they become after some time under the sun Screen protector is exactly the same

Please dont call me dear, I'm not your dear

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both the Boxwave and NuShield arrived today. Decided to try the NuShield for no particular reason.

Couple of things that concerned me right away. First, there is no hole in the shield for the home button (there is with the Boxwave). Called customer support to make sure this wasn't a manufacturing issue and they assured me that it was not. And that the shield itself is flexible enough to be punched countless times without issue. OK. Second issue is that there are no tabs to remove the backing plastic on both sides of the shield. You use a piece of cellophane tape instead to stick to the backings and pull them away. That seemed to work fine.

Now to installation. Be sure, very very sure you clean the surface of the pad THOROUGHLY. Put it under a bright light and hold the pad at angles, with both a black and white screen background. And use lint free cloths to clean. You will see everything. The shield itself is well measured and fits the entire face of the ipad without going over the side. Nice work.

That said, I installed the shield and reinstalled a couple of times as one or two pieces of fine dust lay under the glass. Even after removing them I found that the process adds even more. Eventually I finished the installation with one or two fine pieces of dust on the screen forming very tiny bubbles. And pulling the shield back and replacing it left a fine gluey conglomeration on parts of the glass. I have the same thing with my Droid. Perhaps unavoidable. But it is something you notice only when looking for it. Bubbles were not an issue at all.

All this might sound negative but overall this is a beautiful shield. However, I withhold my final recommendation until I can spend a few days with it. It does reduce glare and it produces a pleasing contrast to the screen. Optically it is nice and clear. The feel is excellent. Very slightly tacky but much less so than the Zagg. Text is clear and I find the reading experience with iBooks and the Kindle app less stressful on the eyes. Fingerprints.....they are less noticeable. A bit of oil still forms on the surface but it appears reduced and the fingerprint mess is less. I'll need more time with this (especially cleaning). I'm wondering how well that membrane on the home button will suit me over time. It is a bit harder to push. We'll see.

Last edited:

durangojim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Both the Boxwave and NuShield arrived today. Decided to try the NuShield for no particular reason.

Couple of things that concerned me right away. First, there is no hole in the shield for the home button (there is with the Boxwave). Called customer support to make sure this wasn't a manufacturing issue and they assured me that it was not. And that the shield itself is flexible enough to be punched countless times without issue. OK. Second issue is that there are no tabs to remove the backing plastic on both sides of the shield. You use a piece of cellophane tape instead to stick to the backings and pull them away. That seemed to work fine.

Now to installation. Be sure, very very sure you clean the surface of the pad THOROUGHLY. Put it under a bright light and hold the pad at angles, with both a black and white screen background. And use lint free cloths to clean. You will see everything. The shield itself is well measured and fits the entire face of the ipad without going over the side. Nice work.

That said, I installed the shield and reinstalled a couple of times as one or two pieces of fine dust lay under the glass. Even after removing them I found that the process adds even more. Eventually I finished the installation with one or two fine pieces of dust on the screen forming very tiny bubbles. And pulling the shield back and replacing it left a fine gluey conglomeration on parts of the glass. I have the same thing with my Droid. Perhaps unavoidable. But it is something you notice only when looking for it. Bubbles were not an issue at all.

All this might sound negative but overall this is a beautiful shield. However, I withhold my final recommendation until I can spend a few days with it. It does reduce glare and it produces a pleasing contrast to the screen. Optically it is nice and clear. The feel is excellent. Very slightly tacky but much less so than the Zagg. Text is clear and I find the reading experience with iBooks and the Kindle app less stressful on the eyes. Fingerprints.....they are less noticeable. A bit of oil still forms on the surface but it appears reduced and the fingerprint mess is less. I'll need more time with this (especially cleaning). I'm wondering how well that membrane on the home button will suit me over time. It is a bit harder to push. We'll see.

How is off axis viewing? My main concern is using the ipad as a video player in the car for 2 kids, each of whom would be viewing it at about a 30 degree angle. Is there much image degredation when viewing it from this position?

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't think the shield affects off axis viewing. I have a Droid with a Zagg and an iTouch without anything and off axis the brightness drops maybe 20-30 percent on both. A function of the screen rather than the shield. On the iPad with NuShield it's about the same.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: removed the NuShield today. It has one flaw but it's a biggie....no home button hole. It is not a problem at first but after awhile your thumb begins to hurt. The sheet is not thin and after removing it I was reacquainted with how pliable the home button is and how hard it becomes to push with the NuShield on. This is quite a shame because I really liked the shield. Stuck the Boxwave on and saw immediately that it doesn't have the clear optical properties of the NuShield. But it does have the home button hole. My recommendation to NuShield.....please re-manufacture this thing with a home button hole and you'll have a great product. As it is, I'll need to return it. I'll post my Boxwave impressions after I've used it awhile.

Agi2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the screen protector from Phantom Skinz.. I have this for my pre and its amazing.. I will post a review once I receive it.

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look forward to your impressions..... Especially if it helps reduce glare. Playing around with the boxwave antiglare it does seem very fingerprint proof and has a nice pencil paper feel.

Update to the boxwave.....I've pulled it off. That didn't last long. Very speckly appearance. Kind of a rainbow of very small dots. I guess this is not uncommon to Anti glare shields. Optically not good compared to the nushield. So this goes back for sure. What I'm thinking of doing is cutting a small notch in the nushield around the button. According to the support guy I talked to you just need sharp scissors. Or a paper cutter. I'll think on it. In the meantime my iPad is naked.

Last edited:

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If my 3G ever comes I'll be buying a Zagg and having the guy at the Zagg kiosk install it for me. I'll be sure to post my experience but as I've said, my Storm 2 with Zagg is really good.

surfzen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
received my invisible shields $19.99

They reduced the price for the full body and screen to 19.99 Got mine in the mail today. I want my I want my I want my Pad 3G. (sorry Dire Straits)

They're charging $35 for full body coverage. That's not too bad considering the iPhone 3Gs full body version goes for $25.

I'm not sure if I am going to install the screen protector portion or not. My main concern is protecting the back. I have not owned an invisibleshield yet, but the reviews and vids on the site have convinced me to give it a try. Any one here own one?[/QUOTE]

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cut out a notch in the NuShield with scissors to create a home button hole....turned out surprisingly well so I'll be sticking with this. My final evaluation vs. Boxwave:

Antiglare/Antireflection: NuShield > Boxwave
Optical quality: NuShield > Boxwave
Text readability: NuShield > Boxwave
Fingerprints/cleanability: Boxwave > NuShield
Installation: NuShield = Boxwave

Most reactions

Latest posts