What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plan on getting a Zagg Invisibleshield for your iPad?

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this is a long time since the last reply, but did y'all notice any weird rainbow like haze sorta thing goin on when you turn the screen on? I had one put on when I bought my iPad but immediately took it off because there was a weird rainbowy haze goin on and was extremely annoying to my eyes... I wanna see if this was just a bad install or what...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know this is a long time since the last reply, but did y'all notice any weird rainbow like haze sorta thing goin on when you turn the screen on? I had one put on when I bought my iPad but immediately took it off because there was a weird rainbowy haze goin on and was extremely annoying to my eyes... I wanna see if this was just a bad install or what...

Just about the worst thing you can do with Zagg is make an immediate judgement on the installation because of the wet application. What you saw in terms of a rainbow was probably just water.

You really need to give a new install 24 to 48 hours to "cure". After that time the water evaporates, any bubbles magically dissapear, and you get your final finish.

If you liked the IS material, I would recommend giving it another go...

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed. I have the shield and it's great. No rainbow effect. I waited 48 hours to use it and put it in a case. It does a great job.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have now the third device covered with ZAGG shield and it's perfect. No 'rainbow' or bubbles, etc.

Besides of that, you have a lifetime warranty anyways. Get in touch with support and you get a replacement.

jlemka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With regards to the rainbow effect. I got that too after installing the Zagg. There are two versions of the Zagg shield. A standard one and an Anti-Glare one. I got the latter. Is that the one you have too? I emailed Zagg and they said that it is a tradeoff and that they don't recomend it unless you use your iPad in bright areas the majority of the time.
It's only been 18 hours so I'll give it more time but if it stays as it is now...it will be coming off.

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Invisible Shield is not the anti-glare one, so no rainbow effect. I had an anti-glare static type screen protector on my iPhone a couple years ago and it had that effect which I figured was the trade-off.

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I battled whether to get a screen protector or not and I HATED the IS on my phone. But I know Murphy's Law follows me around so I gave in and got one for the iPad. But I had the guys at IS do the installation. Much better experience but we'll see how I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts