What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Pix] New iSlate rumors

SevenOfNine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Folks!

Get this, new pix rumored around teh internets today
showing the iSlate, the very next HAMMER by apple!

59457704-330x560.jpg

apple-tablet.jpg

islate.jpg

The last picture shows a cooporation run by apple registering a lot of domains and stuff on the name iSLATE.
Most of rumors just say that it will be a oversized iPhone, but with OS4.
Nothing very straight so far, but lets see where it gets us!
They say it will be released with OS4 on the 27th of january, on the big apple announcement show.

SevenOfNine

Source

Last edited:

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very interesting, I haven't seen that top photo before. I sure hope that width is accurate!

When I do a domain look up for islate.com, I'm still showing:

Registrant:
Domain Administrator
DNStination, Inc.
303 Second Street Suite 800N
San Francisco CA 94107
US
[email protected] +1.4155319335 Fax: -

Domain Name: islate.com

Registrar Name: Markmonitor.com
Registrar Whois: whois.markmonitor.com
Registrar Homepage: MarkMonitor | Brand Protection, Domain Management, Anti Fraud Solutions

Administrative Contact:
Domain Administrator
DNStination, Inc.
San Francisco CA 94107
US
Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
Domain Administrator
DNStination, Inc.
San Francisco CA 94107
US

Created on..............: 2004-10-30.
Expires on..............: 2011-10-30.
Record last updated on..: 2009-12-30.

Domain servers in listed order:

ns4.markmonitor.com
ns1.markmonitor.com
ns5.markmonitor.com
ns7.markmonitor.com
ns6.markmonitor.com
ns2.markmonitor.com
ns3.markmonitor.com

OP
SevenOfNine

SevenOfNine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, from the measures of that tablet shown here, i'd say its just an oversozed iPhone, but the OS and the functionallities will make the difference. I wonder if you can make calls with it by using 3g Networks instead of doing it via wifi and skype...

cuz then, maybe there will be no more iPhones :D

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It looks pretty damn big in my opinion. This wont be used as a phone right? If not the iphone will still be in buisness.

OP
SevenOfNine

SevenOfNine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It looks pretty damn big in my opinion. This wont be used as a phone right? If not the iphone will still be in buisness.

This is exactly the question....if it CAN be used as phone (maybe via headset) ..... iPhone wont...

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think it will be an iPhone replacement.... More like a netbook replacement.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't think it will be an iPhone replacement.... More like a netbook replacement.

Unless if it works as a phone. Then i wouldnt even bother getting the iphone.

new2u

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Agreed with this, i doubt it will be an iphone replacement, from what i understand the new iphones should be released tomorrow in the press announcement.

new2u

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It's possible that it might have a phone feature to it, but i doubt it, i'm with dan on this one, i think it's there to replace a netbook. Why would they add a phone to it if they want you to buy the new gen iphone?

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score

It's possible that it might have a phone feature to it, but i doubt it, i'm with dan on this one, i think it's there to replace a netbook. Why would they add a phone to it if they want you to buy the new gen iphone?

Well its the same witht the ipod. They have music into this.

new2u

iPF Noob
Reaction score

It's possible, not saying it's not, just i don't think it's probable. The tablet is alittle bigger then an ipod to iphone conversion.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score

It's possible, not saying it's not, just i don't think it's probable. The tablet is alittle bigger then an ipod to iphone conversion.

Yeah, but mostly every apple product now a days has music on them. It would suck if this one didnt. The phone i dont see now becuase the thing is huge to put on your ear.

new2u

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry my bad, yes music will 100% be added into the device, but i'm just not sure about a phone feature, it's a 10.1 inch screen, and that's a pretty decent sized item, so that's why i'm saying i'm just not sure it would have a phone feature to it.

OP
SevenOfNine

SevenOfNine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im not sure as well.
But why not. Doing ONE DEVICE
for everything, featuring Netbook, Pod, Phone...

why not?

:D

SevenOfNine

Most reactions

Latest posts