What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picture syncing problem on ipad3

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is one more thing to add to this thread since I just had problems syncing my first gen. I wanted to get a backup of it on my computer since I am selling it Saturday. If syncing with a wire turn off 'Sync with this Ipad over wi-fi'. This has not been an issue for me in the past.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Eureka!!!!! I did it!!! You have NO idea how convoluted that was. OMG! I'm exhausted! Nothing seemed to be where it was supposed to be. There was no sign of PHOTOS anywhere on my itunes screen ... that took forever. There was no sign of DEVICES in the left column. That threw me for a loop. Then, all of a sudden it appeared and ... there it was ... all the stuff on your excellent diagram ... and bim, bam boom DONE! I was suddenly on a roll.

I probably only listen to my Ipod a few times a year. I have all sorts of great music on it ... I just don't listen to it much ... so I forget how Itunes works. Messing with Itunes is ... not my thing. Now I have 335 songs on my iPad.

So, from what I was seeing ... all those hundreds of pictures that were attempting to infest my iPad have disappeared into the ozone somewhere. I can see by the column on the bottom that they are not taking any space on the iPad ... so they must have been deleted. I have still not made that folder you told me to set up. I am assuming I have to set that up in itunes ... when I've had some sleep.

Sade is singing. My battery is just about dead. I have to go ... thanks heaps!

Hmmm, sounds like you are syncing with wi-fi, not using the cable plugged into the computer. The iPad sometimes takes a while to show up when syncing wi-fi.

You create the folders on the computer the same way you would create any other folder, and you copy the pictures to them the same way. When you are done you select the main folder in iTunes in the Photos tab.

WhydidIbuyit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did actually have the iPad plugged into my desktop. I think I plugged and unplugged several times when I wasn't having any success.

I understand about creating the photo transferring folder now.

Thanks again.

OP
C

cptkremmen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced the problem I am experiencing transfering jpeg files onto the ipad 3? Same pics transfer fine to the old ipad 1.

Tried selecting, unselecting a few times etc, no effect.

On one persons advice I purchased an app called transfer but I can't get my PC to connect to the IP address that comes up.

Does anyone else know any other method for just transfering some pics from PC to ipad?

I am already using dropbox (which is excellent and trouble free) to transfer documents, don't want to clog that up with pics and I only have a 2 gig limit anyway.

Ta

Andy

OP
C

cptkremmen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If there was anything wrong with my PC, or the cable I am connecting the ipad with, or the pictures themselves I would not have expected them to have happily synced to the old ipad 1 I have. Likewise everything that was not a pic synced fine.

I am at a loss to understand why this is happening.

samiedema

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem. Because of the 4 times larger screen, ITunes creates bigger files to copy to the IPad. Since my first IPad was full, its a 64 GB version, where I had 14.000 photos, its obvious that this doesn't fit in the new 64 GB IPad.
So I made a copy of my Photo folder and named it Original Photos. Then I resized all the photos (my camera is 4000*3000) to 2048*1536. This is a hell of a job, but it works. Now Syncing the photos does not give a problem anymore.

Pro1903

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did resizing help you to sync and/or reduce size taken up on the iPad. I am trying to sync 31,000 and not having much success though have got up to 21,000 after a week of effort which takes 40gb of photo space plus most of 8 gb other but the optimisation compression is only 15%

Also are you able to resize multiple photos at one go.

Thanks

samiedema

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the resize powertool under W7. so right click and you see resize, choose the size (I use custom size). I can resize whole directories at once this way.

Another solution I now use is the GoFlex Satellite, it gives you 500 GB extra and works well, its from Seagate.

h1611161

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pro1903 said:

Also are you able to resize multiple photos at one go.

Thanks

if using Windows, resizing or batch resizing is a breeze with the latest free version of Irfanview for windows...

Sent from my original iPad classic using iPF

Gordon_Sunray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to the IPAD world and wasn't having problems syncing pictures initially. However, I tried connecting the IPAD to my PC using an IPOD cable to add additional pictures to my IPAD. The initial result seemed to work, but a couple of the pictures were not displayed correctly and the thumbnails were wrong. Tried removing and uploading again and only 1-3 pictures would upload. Finally removed everything, and got the original IPAD cable and tried adding all pictures back and the sync worked fine. I still occasionally get one or two pictures where the thumbnail is solid white. Will use the original cable from now on.

Most reactions