What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picking up video on Photo on Media

Dantana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An anyone tell me how to place a video on the photo side of media, as that us the only way I can attach to a slide on Keynote.... As there is no link to movies section for this..... Is there an app to do this conversion easily.
All response appreciated.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You place the video in the same folder(s) you use to sync photos to the iPad through iTunes; then sync. Only a few video formats are compatible, so this is very hit or miss. Quicktime .mov and MP4 are your best bets, but since each can be configured many ways, the extension is no guarantee.

There are other threads on converting videos, and since I don't remember much about it, or have the links handy, I'll have to leave you to the mercy of searching the forum. I recommend the custom Google search on the website as the most effective, in my experience.

In case you are not familiar with how to sync photos to the iPad; here's Apple's support page.

iPhone, iPad and iPod touch: Syncing photos via iTunes

If the video is on your camera you can purchase and try the Camera Connection Kit. Apple has recently expanded the number of cameras and formats supported, but I would research whether yours is known to work before spending the $30.

OP
D

Dantana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the information as I have converted to Mp4 but it has syn with I Tunes and put in the movie video section. Will look at the ITunes Syn to put into the Photo section... Much appreciated and thanks.

Donkichot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PhotoSync is the best app for moving pictures and movies between pc and mac and ipad or ipod.
All wifi in the Photos app.
You can move pictures and vidéos between directly from ipad to or from ipod.
In fact it worked in all direction between pc, mac, ipod iphone and ipad all wifi !
And you can choose any albums in the Photos app !

OP
D

Dantana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded "IMacsoft I Pad video converter" trial version and that works great , problem is the trial version only downloads part of the video .. Ha ha.. I wonder why. The full version is about £16.00 approx. and on syncs put into the media section. ( exactly what I want).
Is there a cheaper way as some of the converters from AVI to MP4 still allocate into the movie side and Keynote can only select from Media .....
Thinking caps on...

OP
D

Dantana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like a good solution .. Thanks for your advise and help. Appreciated.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. Please let me know how it works I don't want to recommend it again if it's not as good as the reviews say, even if it is free.

OP
D

Dantana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded the free version and it works fine but only records 80% of the original recording, so it makes you have to buy the full version. Since the Keynote for IPad can only link to media files to insert into presentations, this seems the best solution.
So the free download works fine and, in my case, changes AVI to MP4 and on Sync puts into the media file... Great. Need to bite the bullet and buy the full version approx £16.00 ...
Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts