What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photostream

Waters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My photo stream is turned on for icloud, why does it say no photos on photostream?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Waters said:
My photo stream is turned on for icloud, why does it say no photos on photostream?

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Where are these photos streaming from? And has this device been activated also for streaming. You say you have photo stream turned on in iCloud, is it also turned on in the photos setting? Let us know.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
Waters

Waters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it's turned on in photo settings & iCloud. But my pics are not being sent to iCloud..? I was hoping iCloud would send them to my iPhone.. What am I doing wrong?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Waters said:
Yes, it's turned on in photo settings & iCloud. But my pics are not being sent to iCloud..? I was hoping iCloud would send them to my iPhone.. What am I doing wrong?

Okay so these are both on on your iPad, are they both on on your iPhone too? On your iPad go to settings - iCloud - Storage and Backup, (is iCloud turned on here?) - Manage Storage and you should see both your iPad and iPhone here, right? Press your iPad and make sure your camera roll is on here, this shows it's being backed up in iCloud. Now make sure that's what you see on your iphone too. I've noticed that photos don't stream instantly sometimes and it may take a few minutes, I'm thinking this has to do with Internet strength.
Okay check all that and let us know.

OP
Waters

Waters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that; I've got current photo's streaming between machines now. But how do I move older ones from iPad to iPhone?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Waters said:
Thanks for that; I've got current photo's streaming between machines now. But how do I move older ones from iPad to iPhone?

I noticed after I turned on photo stream that all my old photos transferred each way. I don't know how long it took but it did happen. I've heard there is a limit though, I think it may be 1000 photos and also a time limit, not sure what this one is though. Here is a link that will give you a couple of ideas on transfer.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-gene...er-photos-musics-between-ipad-iphone-4-a.html

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
abstract1234 said:
How do I delete photos from my photo stream?

You will have to go to iCloud on your computer. You should see your app icons Mail, Contacts etc, press on your name on the top right and you'll get an Account window, select Advanced then Reset Photo Stream. This will clear the entire photo stream, sorry there is no way to do just a few.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can not run iCloud on an XP computer. If you have Vista or Windows 7 you need to download and install the iCloud control panel.

Apple - iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices.

If you are on a Mac, you'll find the settings in the System Preferences.

Photo Stream is only supposed to work wiht photos that you take or add your device after Photo Streaming is activated. It if older photos are syncing, it's a fluke. It does not exactly add the new photos to your device.

Photos left in Photo Stream will disappear after 30 days, or get pushed off the end if you have more than 1000 photos.

If you want to keep a Photo Stream photo on your device permanently you must copy.

The exception is your computer. The computer program you use Photo Stream with is supposed to keep the photos indefinitely, even after they are deleted on the iCloud side. I'm not certain about this last. The behavior may vary depending on the computer app and settings.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
You can not run iCloud on an XP computer. If you have Vista or Windows 7 you need to download and install the iCloud control panel.

Apple - iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices.

If you are on a Mac, you'll find the settings in the System Preferences.

Photo Stream is only supposed to work wiht photos that you take or add your device after Photo Streaming is activated. It if older photos are syncing, it's a fluke. It does not exactly add the new photos to your device.

Photos left in Photo Stream will disappear after 30 days, or get pushed off the end if you have more than 1000 photos.

If you want to keep a Photo Stream photo on your device permanently you must copy.

The exception is your computer. The computer program you use Photo Stream with is supposed to keep the photos indefinitely, even after they are deleted on the iCloud side. I'm not certain about this last. The behavior may vary depending on the computer app and settings.

So it's not supposed to put old ones on? Then that's weird that I got all of mine from my phone, which was a big headache for me. all 600 odd photos.
Good to know the other info...thank you once again.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
So it's not supposed to put old ones on? Then that's weird that I got all of mine from my phone, which was a big headache for me. all 600 odd photos.
Good to know the other info...thank you once again.

Perhaps it does it when you first turn it on. I didn't have much on my phone at the time, so it's possible I didn't notice. What I did notice is that when I cleared it using iCloud, only the ones I took from that point on appeared in Photo Stream.

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can Twerppoet or someone verify that upload to Photostream from a WIN 7 PC is possible by dragging (pasting) photos into the the 2nd folder created when Photostream is activated in the iCloud Control Panel?

mlaurencg4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, found the answer elsewhere:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3388320?start=0&tstart=0

[/I]fixed mine, hope I can help others.
I did an uninstall and reinstall.* Then created exact folders in my C: drive in my G: (Photo Stream folder with subfolders Uploads and My Photo Stream).* Per the recommendation of another poster I changed the security settings to full control for all users (under the Photo Stream folder properties before I created the two subfolders)
Than I went to the icloud program on PC, clicked on Photo Steam Options, pointed to new folders and viola it worked (those in Photo Stream already showed within 10 seconds...added one photo to uploads and within 10 seconds it was on my phone and my Apple TV).* Right now it in the middle of moving pic #426.
Please note: you CAN NOT add a folder of images to the Uploads folder.* Each photo must be added in that folder (you can copy more than one at a time, but just not within its own folder).*
After two hours of trying to fix it, the only thing that worked was an uninstall/reinstall for me. I think when I tried to copy my entire Pictures folder to the uploads folder I jammed it up.* Anyway, hope it helps.[/I]

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
huge drawback on photo stream that you can ONLY delete the ENTIRE camera roll and not specific photos... this needs to be fixed as i am certain prety much 100% of all photo stream users wish to have the ability to delete only specific images

Most reactions