What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos with iPad Mini Camera

teralpar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just curious as to know if any of you use your iPad Mini to take photos on a regular basis (or any other iPad)...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not really, but it takes pretty good photos in good light. No flash as the iPhone has.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did on vacation in Jamaica. Did pretty well. I like the 360 degree photo app and of course the ability to wifi photos to friends. Even though they some times display on pcs upside down or sideways

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I did on vacation in Jamaica. Did pretty well. I like the 360 degree photo app and of course the ability to wifi photos to friends. Even though they some times display on pcs upside down or sideways

To solve the upside down and sideways photo problem, there is a simple solution. When taking photos with the iPad held in landscape mode, hold the iPad so that the home button is to the right. When taking photos with the iPad in portrait mode, hold it so that the home button is at the bottom.

KeithG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have mine a few weeks and I've only used the camera once. I'm a photographer, so have a couple of high end dslrs for taking pic's. I don't even use my iphone for photos, bar the odd silly snap in a pub or at a party when I don't have my camera. The ipad is a little awkward/uncomfortable for that purpose. It's ok for home snaps, but you do need good lighting, or you'll get very noisey images.

imini011213

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have taken a few just to test it out. I mostly take screen shots of things to remember stuff. I use my iPhone 3GS with a belkin remote, but I'd rather use other cameras I have. I was thinking I could have someone make me a dolly like tripod to wheel the iPad mini around. I jerk when I walk so the video would be bouncing all over. (limping walk)

Deathclaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the camera regularly although I don't have a device with a camera other than the ipad. My phone has a camera but its worse than a ipad two especially in low light. I am fairly happy with the ipad mini camera.

imini011213

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have taken a few just to test it out. I mostly take screen shots of things to remember stuff. I use my iPhone 3GS with a belkin remote, but I'd rather use other cameras I have. I was thinking I could have someone make me a dolly like tripod to wheel the iPad mini around. I jerk when I walk so the video would be bouncing all over. (limping walk)

well since I wrote this, I bought myself a rolling walker with a seat. I'm figuring I could mount my filp camera on my monopod, yet again, maye I culd set the iPad ini on the seat and bungie strap it there, we'll see. LOL

moshe5368

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did not believe I would find a real use for the camera on the mini but have since changed my mind. I own a small trucking company and find the mini with the 360 app to be useful to photograph shipper and receiver sites for other drivers. That way, they have an advance idea what they are getting into. Some of these sites are quite difficult to navigate and the advance notice seems to help the drivers.

Sent from my iPad mini using iPF

lowertech

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did not believe I would find a real use for the camera on the mini but have since changed my mind. I own a small trucking company and find the mini with the 360 app to be useful to photograph shipper and receiver sites for other drivers. That way, they have an advance idea what they are getting into. Some of these sites are quite difficult to navigate and the advance notice seems to help the drivers.

Sent from my iPad mini using iPF

That is brilliant. A very good use for the Mini... I like the camera and use it quite often to document progress in landscaping, blooming cycles, etc. Love it!

Rojas4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't forget you could deposit checks by taking a photo of the check
Works great lots of banks offer this option.
The camera is very useful also for selling stuff on eBay enter product info
And take some photos all from the same iPad

rjkgr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i take photos for work with my ipad mini and my boss doesnt notice if it is a ipad or a regular camera

Most reactions