What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos On iPad After Factory Restore?

peacocksml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help, I am new and not very tech savvy. I restored my ipad to factory setting recently because I was having so many issues with syncing. I thought I had all my pictures backed on my computer but I can't find them so clearly I didn't. Is there a way to rescue them from the ipad even though I have done a restore to factory setting? I hope I am posting this in the right place.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
First, welcome to the forum! Glad to "see" you here!

Second, yeah, you had your post in the wrong place. The best thing to do, if you have a question unrelated to the post you're reading, is to start a new thread. It'll help others find the question (and hopefully, an answer). That's why I've moved this post to its own thread in the Help section.

Third is the bad news, unfortunately. AFAIK, once you've restored the iPad to factory settings, you've essentially wiped it of all the data on it. With new firmware, it's as if you took it right out of the box. So, no, your photos on the iPad are long gone. Sorry.

Marliyn

Most reactions