What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos app

jwed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Snapshots of various web pages and videos I've been visiting or viewing keep appearing in my Photos app. at random.

This has just started recently (2 or 3 months). I never put them there.

Anybody know why this is happening?

Thanx

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Snapshots of various web pages and videos I've been visiting or viewing keep appearing in my Photos app. at random.

This has just started recently (2 or 3 months). I never put them there....Anybody know why this is happening?

Hello - first, I'm assuming that you are using an iPad 2 (i.e. the forum posted to), and second, what iOS version is installed (9.x is the maximum for that device)? Second, what browsers are on your iPad and if multiple ones, can you determine if a specific browser is the culprit? Finally, does anyone else use your iPad? Answers to these questions might get us thinking - thanks. Dave :)

OP
J

jwed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm at work and don't know what ver it is but I'm the only user. I stay away from upgrades wherever possible so it might even be the original iOS. I use Ixquick and Bing mostly and watch vids on Watchkin or Youtube. I'll try and keep track of which vids I'm watching on what browser.

I was also wondering if bookmarking might also be causing this? I erased the last bunch I found so I can't be sure if they were bookmarked but maybe I should check that too when it happens again?

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
They sound like screenshots, which are normally produced by holding down the power and home buttons together.

OP
J

jwed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They sound like screenshots, which are normally produced by holding down the power and home buttons together.

Ya you could be right....But I'm not holding down any buttons.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you use the Assistive Touch feature, you might have set up Custom Actions that allow you to take screenshots by tapping the Assitive Touch menu button. (might not be available on your version of iOS).

Some keyboards might have a screenshot key. I’ve never seen one, but who knows.

Screenshots don’t happen without some indication (a click and quick animation on pre iOS 11), so I’m not sure how you’d miss noticing you were doing it.

For a third party app to save pictures to Photos without you noticing, it would need permissions to save to the Photos app. Check out your privacy settings and see what apps have access to Photos. That may offer a clue.

I can’t remembe where the privacy setting were on iOS 9, so you’ll have to hunt around. Unless someone else with an older iPad offeres directions.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts