What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phantom unread emails

wgm51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The mail icon on my iPad indicates one unread message but when I open the mail app there are no unread emails visible. I have just updated to iOS 5 and this is the first time this has happened. Is this a bug in the update? Or just a general bug in the mail app??

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just out of interest, have you checked the junk, trash, etc mailboxes just to see if there may be an unread email in another folder.

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do you have more than one email account set up? I do, and sometimes I accidently leave the iPad looking at my main account's inbox, instead of the All Inboxes choice. Then something comes in on the rarely active account (Yahoo, usualy) and I sprnd the next five minutes trying to figure out why the badge won't go away.

If you only have one email account, disreguard this.

OP
W

wgm51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys...problem solved after an overnight shutdown and power off!! We have an intermittent AT&T network here which may confuse the mail app!! Often get messages saying we are not connected to the Internet when we have been surfing away. Then it comes back on! Very annoying!!

LadtLiberty76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem. If you use iCloud, it could be a message from them (my problem). You have to go into your mail
and check all boxes. You should then see the iCloud mailbox. Click on that to read the message they sent you & delete if you so choose to do so. That should solve your problem!

Most reactions

Latest posts