What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People saying the new iPad is really to hot to hold.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I generally run at 60-70% - and that is where it has the best color/contrast reproduction.
I would bet that people that complain about color also have their brightness set way too low or too high.

Vishal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I returned mine already, battery was dropping faster and bought another which is working great till now

Texcoonazz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine has a small warm spot in the lower left corner. But nothing even close to hot.

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Again, people are turning their screens to 100% brightness and then complaining when their iPad gets hot. It has a fat battery and a 4X density screen. Of course it will get hot! Use auto-brightness and laid of the 100% stuff.

Not being able to run at 100% permanently if the user chose to do so is like buying a sports car and being told that you may not drive faster than 60mph.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Spugnut said:
Not being able to run at 100% permanently if the user chose to do so is like buying a sports car and being told that you may not drive faster than 60mph.

It's funny that you would pick an example that is 100% true. The law actually dictates what the maximum speed is that you can drive your car.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skull One said:
It's funny that you would pick an example that is 100% true. The law actually dictates what the maximum speed is that you can drive your car.

I'm also pretty sure that tearing around in your new Porsche all the time at the maximum speed would be a bad idea. Even pro drivers on the track do not go flat out maximum.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
zphone said:
I'm also pretty sure that tearing around in your new Porsche all the time at the maximum speed would be a bad idea. Even pro drivers on the track do not go flat out maximum.

Very true. Durning the five years I raced Corvettes (had an 04 and 06) I probably was only at full throttle 40% of the time.

dmcash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i noticed a difference in warmth to the ipad 2 when i launched games. Perfection has a price. It is not unbearable. I never noticed though a warmth issue with my ipad 2.

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Skull One said:
Very true. Durning the five years I raced Corvettes (had an 04 and 06) I probably was only at full throttle 40% of the time.

It seem that you are missing the point (mate conveniently?) where I live the legal speed limit is 75mph and the amount of throttle used is optional.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I started a thread about this Saturday I think. I was using mine in the original Apple cover (which doesn't fit of course) while I waited to get my Targus Vuescape. That cover is 'rubbery' and does seem to hold in the heat, esp. when charging and using graphics. My Ipad never got too hot to hold though and warmest in the lower right corner. Holding it in my hands, 'naked' so to speak, it cools off quickly. I prefer a cover for many reasons and now that I have the Targus I'm finding when I reach my hands behind it (its set in typing angle) that its barely warm in right corner. I think its hyperbole on media's part as well as Consumer's Report LOL.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Didn't say or imply that you could not run it at 100%...I said that's what people are doing and then they are noticing the heat. You can't cheat the physics. You got a high res screen, more powerful graphics chip, and a bigger battery. If you run the screen at full brightness and then make the iPad do some work, it's going to get warm. Deal with it rather than complain. Or turn the brightness down a bit to see if that helps. The screen gets amazingly bright based on what I see. I can't stand it passed 50%.

I predict that in this post-PC era, where everyone has a bunch of smaller but incredibly bright screens that they stare all all day long, we are going to see insomnia go off the charts!

Use auto-brightness and minimize the impact on your being human. :)

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not really too hot at all

Much ado about nothing. A reporting organization clocks it at 94 degrees or so normally, that's less than body temperature where I come from. They noted that it can get to 116 degrees under unusually heavy gaming use. I've got news, my MB Pro is running at 130 degrees as I type this, a normal temp for it.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didn't say or imply that you could not run it at 100%...I said that's what people are doing and then they are noticing the heat. You can't cheat the physics. You got a high res screen, more powerful graphics chip, and a bigger battery. If you run the screen at full brightness and then make the iPad do some work, it's going to get warm. Deal with it rather than complain. Or turn the brightness down a bit to see if that helps. The screen gets amazingly bright based on what I see. I can't stand it passed 50%.

I predict that in this post-PC era, where everyone has a bunch of smaller but incredibly bright screens that they stare all all day long, we are going to see insomnia go off the charts!

Use auto-brightness and minimize the impact on your being human. :)

I can see this ending very badly indeed... Next Apple IOS dev team meeting:
dev1: our users are cooking themselves because they don't know how to turn down the brightness level when they don't need it. What can we do to help them?
dev2: Easy - why don't we take away that option and we'll just give them two options - auto brightness or 60%

Most reactions

Latest posts