What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pencil Skipping

Tuttle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My pencil has just started skipping, leaving a dashed line instead of a solid one. Does anyone know how to test whether or not it is, indeed, the pencil? I have tried several apps, but not thoroughly.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My pencil has just started skipping, leaving a dashed line instead of a solid one. Does anyone know how to test whether or not it is, indeed, the pencil? I have tried several apps, but not thoroughly.
Do you have more than one iPad Pro to test the Pencil on? If the same problem exists on more than one iPad Pro, there’s likely a problem with the Pencil. If the problem is only on the one iPad Pro, the problem is more likely to be with the iPad Pro. If you don’t own another iPad Pro, take both the Apple Pencil and your iPad Pro to an Apple Store Genius Bar for testing.

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Two quick suggestions.
1) Soft reboot your iPad Pro by pressing and holding both the power button and the home button. Keep holding them until after the unit turns off and don't let go until the Apple appears.
2) Change nibs on your Pencil. You should have got a replacement in the box when you purchased it

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I second checking the nib. If it's loose, it might do this. When I first got my Pencil the nib came loose a couple of times, causing erratic behavior.

Most reactions

Latest posts