What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PC vs Mac

Is your primary system a PC or Mac?

• Total voters

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm kind of curious how many PC users we have here vs Mac users.

OP
JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just for the record, I have 4 Mac's, 4 iPods, and 1 PC. I also use quite a few PC's for "work" servers and those run mostly FreeBSD plus 1 Linux box.

So, pretty diverse selection. But, my primary "workstations" are all Mac.

windex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Mac at home for my personal use.

I have an IBM laptop as a work laptop. And at my work i use Windows, Solaris, and redhat.

rudeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a PowerMac, my wife has a MacBook, my daughter has a MacBook and my son has an iMac.

Will probably be upgrading later this year either to a MacBook Pro or iMac.

However at work I have to use a Dell laptop. It freezes up a least once a day.

joe.niles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iMac 20 inch and a second Screen hooked in and a HP Media Center PC on my main desk. I have a network using the airport with 5 other PC and a Laptop. I'm admin of an office with Mac Pro server(mail and Database) With Two Mac Mini a 24 inch iMac and a MacBook Pro and Three PC's. Right now we running 80% in PC Mode. Slowing moving OS X..

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All PC's here in my household. A HP does the job at the desk while a HP laptop handles the duties on the go.
The only apple products I have is the 3 ipods. ( 1gig shuffle, 4gig nano, 30 classic )

I'm thinking about getting a Mac book Air, or a Mac book Pro, but haven't got that far yet.

Cya

Last edited:

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been in IT for over 20 years. Almost exclusively DOS/Windows clients (hey, I go back a long way, ok?) Novell, WinNT / 2000 / 2003 Servers, with some miscellaneous other stuff thrown in. I'm all Mac at home ever since 10.3. I don't see ever going back to the dark side for personal use. The closest I'll come is VM Ware Fusion on my Macs to run Windows stuff for work when I have to.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have MBP 15'' and I Mac24'' , Iphone 3Gs, but in one of my office i have a tower Dell with 24'' screen, when i go there i prefer to use my Mac the last time i open the Dell is because i have to check a Pro-E file and this software doesn't exist in Mac ... all windoze freeze at least ounce a day .....
in my mac just rarely have the colored wheel for few second , i even don't know how to made: ALT+CTRL+DEL ... i never need it

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I have a Mac Pro but I have a second display that always has Vista 64 running in Parallels and a Bootcamp partition of Windows 7......I am mostly in Mac tho.

Craig

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Aluminum Macbook 13"
Aluminum Macbook Pro 13"
Mac Mini
2x iPhone 3GS
PC Tower (gaming mostly)
2x Dell Inspirons
Sony Vaio Laptop
iPod Shuffle

jamaicaboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had all kinds of pc systems custom built. I have msi wind hackintosh which works well for ultra mobile use. I also have a mac mini bought christmas 2009, which i like a lot and will buy a ipad in the near future. I would like a 21.6'' imac as well, maybe later on in the year or a macbook pro for video editing and creative stuff in general.

iRichard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been saying for a while now the next computer i get will be a mac. I know I love my iphone, and I think my expierence with a mac will be the same, much better than a pc.

Most reactions

Latest posts