What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCalendar vs pocket informant

DaEbLe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey another noob here, trying to find the best calendar program to work across platforms, I.e. iPad, Mac book pro, pc. I was thinking google calendar might be my best bet, but curious about differences between iCalendar vs pocket informant?
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using iPF

bwyenandi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried every planner app known to man!! Pocket Informant is good but right now I'm using S Diary. I know, doesn't sound like a planner app. Check it out.

mikefield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iCalendar is different from Pocket Informant, in that iCalendar is just a bare bones calendar. Pocket Informant has some additional features, like audio notes, contacts, tasks, and notes. The contacts are synced from your iPhone, and the tasks can also be synced with an external to-do list. I like Pocket Informant because it synchs with my Toodledo list. Most of the time, I am using iCalendar and Toodledo separately, because they are more responsive by themselves. However, I sometimes use Pocket Informant because it presents a tasks and appointments view of my day. For what I have researched, Pocket Informant is the best for this. The sync for Pocket Informant is a little slow, but the last upgrade had improved this substantially.

OP
DaEbLe

DaEbLe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well with that being said I am thinking I like the way pocket informant sounds. I kinda wanted an all in one for the iPad. Hard part is I want it to sync across platforms I.e. iPad, android, pc, and Mb so that I can enter something and have my phone, wife's phone and iPad all get the same entries

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Syncing across multiple devices including android is easy. Just create a gmail account and use google calendar. This can be accessible by pc, mac , android, iOS, even windows phone 7!

I assume pocket informant will be able to sync with it as most calendar apps can.

OP
DaEbLe

DaEbLe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! I am wanting to tell you how great your mind thinks because about 2 hrs ago I just starting looking into gmail to see if that would work... Meaning my mind would be close to yours lol

I am in the set up process now
thanks for the help!

mikefield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just Google Calendar as well, and it is excellent for syncing back and forth with iCalendar. I use it as an online backup of my iPhone / iPad calendar. Pocket Informant will also sync with either of these.
I also heard that Pocket informant will be coming out with it's own online calendar that will allow you to sync across devices. Its $15 / year, which is pretty good from the others I've compared it to. However, I think Pocket Informant is more usable as a work calendar than a family calendar, because it has the tasks list. What I have done is use iCalendar / Google Calendar as my family calendar, which is shared, and then used Pocket Informant for work. All my events can be seen by my wife, but she is spared looking at my to do list.

midwestkayaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Pocket Informant along with our Google Calendar. Makes it very easy to update our office calendar on the fly, actually much easier with Pocket than the native Google Calendar, also can sync with everyone else through Google. ICal is extremely frustrating if you are trying to synch with other calendar apps across platforms.

Most reactions